Home is where the heart is

Well here I am...watching them torture my best friend. We both stopped screaming a long time ago, now my throat is sore. Rochelle is passing out or is she dying? What does it matter? They won't listen to me, no matter how much I scream. They just won't stop. I want to go home...I WANT TO GO HOME NOW!!! I start to cry uncontrollably.

"Please...DON'T KILL MY BEST FRIEND!!!" I yell, tears streaming down my face.

"(y/n) I can't stop...she is stealing your attention."

"You can have my attention, just please don't kill her?"

They stare at me. They have this look with just enough emotion to let me think they might stop. They drop the knife they had and start crying. They almost look sane for a moment.

"Can I go home?" I ask.

"Please...don't leave...I love you."They say.

"I'm sorry, home is where the heart is."

They unstrap Rochelle she lays flat in the chair...no...NO!!! She's dead...she's really dead. Why her? I just want to...smash something! I want to go home! No...this is my home now. They need me I can't let them kill anymore people. I feel tears welling up in my eyes. Then they do something strange. They wipe my tears gently and hug me. Despite me being tied to a chair it's warm, sweet. I don't want them to pull away. Ever. What am I thinking? I can't still love them. Not after Rochelle. They're insane they're horrible. I need to be home. I need my mother and father.

They pull away and say."A-are you hungry?"

"Yes." I look at them coldly.

"I'll grab some food..." They say.

Well that got them to leave. Now I can mourn by myself. I can try to be at peace. But looking at Rochelle's corpse isn't helping...I just want to be alone for awhile. I guess I should try to sleep. Not soon after that I fall asleep.

My Dream...

I'm falling into a dark abyss, I'm not scared I want to fall. I feel a wave breaking on my face as I realize I just fell into a lake of some sort. I swim freely as I go along. I somehow don't need to breathe. I look forward to see some sheep. But one is...acting different. They start to turn into a fox and go after the other sheep. I feel sad watching this, those poor sheep being slaughtered. But then when one of the sheep starts baying the fox stops, it looks at the sheep. It turns back into a sheep and goes back to being normal. What does this mean? Is there something I need to get from this? I guess I should keep swimming around in my dreams. After all I can't be this free with my captor.