Chapter Two

Authors Note: I'm not done with the introduction so I think it's going to be a little slow until the action takes place.. I just hope you don't get bored and stop reading! I also love feedback <3

Chapter Two

            Tomorrow starts our third week of school. I have only one friend in the entire school population of 1,598. Her name is Jacqueline, and she is the most beautiful person I have ever seen, apart from my sister and mother. Her hair is an amazing auburn color, which glows in the sunlight, and she has bright blue eyes. She has high-set cheekbones and owns the best traits ever; I am so lucky to have her as my friend. Along with being beautiful, she is kind (even to bullies), hilarious and fun to be around. I met her in 3rd grade and we have been best friends ever since. She’s the only person that doesn’t judge me. She’s pretty much my second sister; she gets along with Ellie so well! She is so caring and would listen forever if I needed it. She’ll spend the night every weekend to help Ellie out with the house because Jacqueline understands me. She is very shy, but doesn’t have social anxiety like I do. I always get asked what the difference is and it’s pretty simple. Jacqueline is only shy to speak in front of people and I get bad anxiety from even thinking about it. She also has ADD, which means she gets distracted easily, but she isn’t hyperactive, like me. Her ADD is only mild, though; it isn't extremely bad like mine.

When she was 10, BOTH of her parents died in a plane crash and her adopted parents got really bad into drugs. She has to do the housework and make her and her parents food daily. I guess you could say fate brought us together. We’re two peas in a pod, she helps a lot when she comes over and her, along with Ellie, I don’t think I could live without. During the week, I don’t go anywhere without them both, after school we go pick up my sister and we all go out to eat and then go to the park and get our energy out. We’re a little big for the park but who cares? Jacqueline and I are both the same height, we’re both 5’6” and Ellie is 5’3”. But once I’m in my last period, which is English, I watch the time very closely even though it’s so difficult waiting for time to leave, I love getting all my energy out at the park, the energy that I had to hold in in school. I probably wouldn’t be able to hold on to my sanity if it wasn’t for my social anxiety.

After my thinking session, which I don’t have any clue how I get through, I go and get ready for bed. I get my nightly pills for both my ADHD and anxiety, which may I say was extremely difficult to find. Any ADHD medication I looked at said that you can’t take it if you have any level of anxiety. It was such a struggle to find, so I’m definitely sticking to it. After that, I take a shower, brush my teeth and hair, make sure Ellie is okay and then go lay down. By that time, my medication has kicked in so it doesn’t take long for me to fall asleep.