1.

Gray and Erza, best friends since middle-school, would give their life for each other, live with each other and vowed to be each other's side forever.

But, Gray was blind since birth and Erza was his eyes.

"On the left is the tiny fruit shop which has the tastiest mango's I have ever eaten, and on the right is a weird antique shop. There's a rumor that there lives a fortune teller who could see someone else's future, though not the type with electrical globes or such." Erza chuckled.

She held Gray's hand as they both walked together in a busy street. Informing what all she was seeing; be it a cat passing by or a man throwing his coffee cup in the dustbin.

She wanted Gray to see what he was seeing, experience the view by hearing.

"-And here we are, to our usual spot." Erza carefully made him sit on the bench and sat beside him.

The reason why Gray never holds a stick was because he himself didn't want to be called or seen as a blind man. He was happy with Erza making him see the world around him, and as a matter of fact, he had gotten used to it.

According to Erza's description of the shops, he could feel himself looking right at it.

"Do, you know what tomorrow is right?" Erza asked.

"Erza how many times do I need to tell you, I don't want to do it."

"But you have to, I can't always be around you, you know that don't you."

"It's okay, I can still take care of my-."

"And how will you do that?"

"Somehow...I will just wait for you to come back."

"Gray..." Erza sighed. "Please...he's a good doctor and you need to do it. You can't stay blind forever, when you have the chance to get something you had always wanted, please grasp it, don't let go of it or else one day you will regret it."

Gray kept silent. He was contemplating, whether he should get new eyes, whether he should start seeing the world on his own rather than his best friends help, but as the same he was afraid.

Afraid of something he couldn't put his finger on.

"I beg you Gray...Do it. For me. For you. For us."

"For us" was the word Gray had always heard from Erza, "For us" was a commitment, a promise.

Slowly, he placed his hesitant hands on Erza and tried to smile, at least.

"Alright...I will do it."

"You will?"

"For me, for you, for us."

Erza chuckled and intertwined his hands with Gray's.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for agreeing onto-."

A sound, sharp and terrifying to Gray was heard as Erza's words vanished into thin air and for a moment, the world became noiseless.

The cars honking, the baker screaming to take his freshly baked bread, the newspaper kid yelling the breaking-news and the chattering of people had all sunk in deep water.

There came another similar sound, this time more than once. Frightened of the unseen, Gray held Erza's hand even tighter. His heart beat gradually speeding up for an unknown reason, and his palms forming perspiration.

"What is it Erza?" Gray asked in a breathless tone.

Ever heard of gut feeling? The feeling when the stomach turns, and when your hands and knees freeze in place knowing that something bad might take place, this was exactly how Gray was feeling.

"It's nothing..." Erza slowly let go of the latter's hand. "Gray, wait here. I will be right back."

"No!" He quickly grabbed her hand, bony fingers touched the soft, long fingers. "Don't."

"I'm just gonna check what's going on alright, wait for-."

Once more the sound emitted and Erza's knees brushed onto Gray's. Her footsteps disappearing as she ran to a place Gray was veiled of.

"Erza..." The sound of people clicking their heels quicker, gasping for lost air and dogs barking horrified him.

He waited in a state of restlessness, his hand rapidly tapping his right thigh and his breathing getting heavier by each milli-second.

Gray was hoping, hard and fast that Erza would be back soon and they will go back home.

However, more and more footsteps passed, but there was no sign of Erza.

His heart cringed, his hopes were shattering, and his mind began to think all sorts of scary things.

A couple of minutes later, as Gray was still hanging onto the ledge of the cliff, hoping that Erza would save him, he heard the sound of an ambulance, and a police siren.

"ERZA!" Gray shouted as loudly as he could. "ERZA WHERE ARE YOU!?"

And though he tried to held back his tears, fear didn't let him.

He grasped the bench handle tightly, so much as hurting his palms, but he could care less.

Erza wasn't coming, and Gray didn't know the way home.