Girl Crush - I (By: Little Big Town)

"I am not the kind of princess that needs saving. I am probably not a princess at all. You can be the gallant prince all you want, that's fine. But get the saving me part out of your head. I am not a damsel in distress. I am not a trapped girl. If I am anything at all, I am a dragon. And if you get too close, I will burn everything."

Did it ever occur to you that there will come a day you'll somehow hate yourself for being independent? For doing everything on your own? For relying to nobody but yourself? Or simply for just being a woman who doesn't oblige a man to take care of herself?

All my life I thought I should be this kind of woman. Strong, brave, and independent. Thinking that my other half would be happier if I wasn't like any other girls who are needy and too much dependent on their men. But I guess, I thought wrong.

I didn't know being this kind of woman would just push him away. Yes, he left. The man who made me feel like a princess than the woman I am used to be, left. The last words he left made a scar impossible to heal. He told me he thinks I don't need a man in my life anymore. That I can be enough for myself. That being with me caused him to question himself as a man. I never thought I become too much of an independent woman I intended to be. And that leaves me alone by myself.

"You're here again." I was suddenly disrupted from my thoughts. I turned to look at the owner of the voice and saw that it's my bestfriend Laura.

"What are you doing here?" I asked monotonously before looking away.

"I should be the one asking that. What are you doing here?"

"Just a rough day at law school." I answered plainly.

"You do know I'm not buying that, right? You should do better."

"I told you it was just a rough day for me."

"Come on Alyssa. A pincer? More than 2 glasses of pincer to be exact. Seriously? Who drinks a pincer vodka on a monday night just because of a rough day at law school?

I swig the remaining of my drink before facing Laura.

"How did you know? Oh right. I knew it. That idiot is back. Hindi man lang lumapit. Where is he?" Realization is clear on my voice.

"Jovee is not yet back." That earns Laura a questioning look from me.

"Marco called me." Laura said referring to the bartender who assisted me since the time I arrived here.

Our close friend Jovee is the owner of this bar and Marco is one of his best guys here. And as time passes by, he became our special bartender.

"Seriously? Why is that?" I asked Laura while raising a brow.

"He does that to give us a memo."

"Marco!" I called the guy who's now making a drink. He immediately went our way.

"Yes Ms. Aly? Ms. Lau, kaw po pala." Said the guy recognizing Laura.

"Do you always call Laura everytime I am here?" I looked at Marco as he gulped an invisible lump on his throat.

"Ah eh .. Ms. ---"

"Ly." Laura butted in with a reprimanding tone. And I cast her an explain-to-me kind of look.

"I asked Jovee to give me that favor. So he asked Marco to do it."

"And why is that? Why do I get the feeling I am being babysat?"

Laura ignored me and started talking to Marco.

"How many did she drink tonight?"

"8 glasses to be exact, Ms."