Stuck III

"You are the love that came without warning; You had my heart before I could say no."
***

I remember asking the wind too many times where on Earth was she. But it never answered me back. It was even stupid of me to question it in the first place.

It took six long months before the wind served my answer — wearing a plain white tee, ripped black jeans, and blue Chucks — sitting directly next to me outside the coffee shop. It wasn't the answer I'm expecting but I guess I won't have it any other way.

"So kumusta? Kasama na ba sa menu yung cake mo?"

Alyssa breaks the silence that engulfed us for the last 5 minutes. I get a little confused but realizing then that she was referring to the cake I made the last time she was here.

"Oh. I'm doing good. Uhm, about the cake .. never tried it again eh."

She looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Why?"

I just shrug. Of course, I can't tell her that she's the reason why I never tried to bake it again; that the very first and only time I made that one, it was her I thought the entire time; that her voice and heartily laugh were the reasons why I can't seem to took off that stupid smile I wore while mixing some of the ingredients on the bowl; that in that instant I knew there was something strangely familiar going on.

"Ikaw, kumusta?"

She's now looking ahead, her face held a serious look I almost thought she didn't heard me the first time. But then she turned to me again as I was about to speak.

"I'm doing fine, I guess." The hoarseness in her voice is unrecognizable but the way her lips curved into a smile is so damn beautiful it aches.

"I've been into triathlon. I started doing it four months ago. Actually I just finished a race last week. So that pretty explains my voice and you know haha the skin."

That's when I notice the change in her physique. For the past six months I can say she gained some weight but the structure of her body is way more built and defined. She grew tanner than she was before but it suits her.

My eyes landed on her arms. The appearance of her biceps is clearly visible without her even flexing. How did she do that? I've been boxing for the last six months and my arms didn't even came close to hers. Looking away from her arms, my eyes travelled towards her torso. She was wearing a not so fit nor so loose shirt, making me wonder if she has a toned muscle underneath.

I bet she has. Damn she is hot. The heck was I thinking?

I was so busy with the inappropriate thoughts running in my mind that I was surprised I was already staring at her eyes.

More surpised when I found her staring back.

"I'm surprised hindi ako nagmelt nun ah."

Snapping me fully out of my thoughts, I was like an ignorant citizen caught jaywalking. Out of embarassment, I quickly looked away. Did I really stare that long?

"It's not that obvious but your stare is making me blush." She faintly laughed and I can practically feel the heat creeping on my cheeks. I didn't realize I missed her laugh until I heard it again.