Stuck

"Brown eyes are just brown eyes, until you love someone with brown eyes."

***

Jab.

Jab.

Upper hook.

Lower hook.

Upper cut.

Right swing.

Left swing.

And that's it.

I hugged the punching bag I've been relentlessly hitting until exhaustion took place. It is a friday night. And friday night means sweating, panting, and hitting. It has been my routine. And everyone close to me knows Dennise's friday nights are off limits.

Apparently, the distinct smell of weights, punching bags, and workout apparatuses had long replaced the heavenly smell of cakes, cookies, and coffees. Coffee aromas were replaced by energy drinks and baking were replaced by boxing.

.

.

Six months.

.

.

Six long months and a lot has changed.

"Thank God it's Friday!"

I unhooked my arms from the punching bag and turned to see a smiling Bang Pineda.

"Hey." I smiled at her which she grinned in return.

"Damn you look hotter each friday night."

I shouldn't be surprised anymore by Bang's bluntness. But I guess, I couldn't get myself be used to this side of her. I've known Bang two months ago which only consists of nine friday nights. Sure she asked me out a lot but I can't get myself to see her outside of this four corner gym for some reason I can't really explain.

"And you get more and more bolera each friday night." I rolled my eyes at her which made her laugh.

"Pretty gives away that I have the hots for you."

Bang is a bisexual. And a big flirt. No need to rub it on her face 'cause she's pretty much aware just how big of a flirt she is. But despite her flirty attitude we became good friends and we got along pretty quick.

"Gago."

"Don't you know you get sexier when you say bad words?"

The guts of this girl is really something huh?

"Shut up Pineda."

"Make me Lazaro."

And with that she laughed hard which I just shook my head disapprovingly.

"Hay nako, Den. Ibang-iba ka talaga sa lahat ng nakilala ko."

I gathered my things and ignored what she said. My body is so much excited to soak in the cold shower.

"I'll just take a shower."

I didn't wait for her to reply as I walked towards the shower room. But before I was completely out of her sight, she added half-shouting.

"If only I have met you before her! Meron sanang tayo!"

I stopped but did not turn around.

"Fuck you, Bang!"

And with that she erupted into more laughter.

--------------------

"Come on Den, I know you don't have any plans tonight. Kahit ngayon lang?"