Family Dinner

Sasuke was walking down the streets of the Leaf Village.

A strange feeling it was, to be gone so long but still return to those you loved. To return to those who still love you.

He had just left from paying a visit to the Hokage, who happened to be the one and only Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke's best friend. He had visited his home but he wasn't there. He'd spoken to Hinata, Naruto's wife and was also nearly punched in the face by Naruto's son, Boruto. Later he found Naruto in his office.

After a conversation, he made his way home. Once he got there, he tried the doorknob but it was locked. He hadn't told them he was coming tonight. So, without a second thought, Sasuke brought his arm up and knocked on the door.

A few moments later a woman with pink hair and emerald green eyes opened the door. The moment she saw him a huge smile appeared on her face.

"Sasuke-kun!" she said excitedly.

"Hn." he replied with a grin. Then she moved aside and he walked in.

"I didn't know you were coming! Sarada-chan will be very happy to see you!" Sakura said as she closed the front door, locking it afterwards.

"Is she in her room?" Sasuke asked with a soft smile.

Sakura nodded. "Why don't you go talk to her while I get started on dinner?" she told him. He nodded and went off to see his daughter.

-----------------------------------------------------

Sarada's door was open, he looked inside. He saw her sitting on her bed crosslegged studying a book. He smiled and walked in.

"Sarada" he said as he stopped in front of her.

"Papa?" she looked up from her book and smiled. He put his hand on her head, ruffling her hair.

"What are you doing?" he asked, then sat beside her.

"Studying!" she replied happily, this made him laugh. "What's so funny, papa?" she said, glaring at him.

He raised his eyebrows amd replied. "You're just so much like your mother, is all."

She peered at him through slit eyes. "Okay...if you say so." then she pushed up her glasses. "Are you staying the night?" she asked him.

"Hn." he said with a nodd. "You should go help Mom with dinner then." she said as she lifted her book to study again.

He nodded, gave her a side hug, and with a smile he left the room.

~~~~xXSilentStrangerXx~~~~

Sakura was in the kitchen gathering ingredients on the counter when she felt an arm wrap around her waist. She turned her head to the side and saw Sasuke.

She blushed and giggled to herself. He smirked at that, then nuzzled her neck.

"Our daughter ordered me to come help with dinner." he told her.

"A bossy one, that girl is." Sakura replied with a smile.

"I wonder where she gets it from." Sasuke joked, then they both laughed.

Sakura moved out of his grip and brought out a cutting board, a knife and three tomatoes.

"Get started then." she told him as she motioned to the area the items sat.

He gave her a sideways glare.

"Hn." he said and walked over to start cutting the tomatoes.

Sakura started to make the rest of the dinner, she made it with ease. She'd been practicing since she was younger. She was used to it.

After a while, she began to steal glances at Sasuke. She had heard little chops and screeches from his knife and cutting board and began to wonder what in the hell he was doing.

She placed her pot on the stove and let it cook, then turned around to look directly at Sasuke's work.

There was smashed tomatoe all over the area he was chopping at.

She brought her hand up to her mouth and giggled. He turned to look at her, a deep blush on his face.

"I'm sorry..I..can't.." he said, clearly embarrassed. This made Sakura laugh harder.

"You can fight battles with one arm and a sword... but you can't chop a tomatoe?" she laughed so hard it brought tears to her eyes.

"Hn." is all Sasuke replied.

She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, he brought his arm around her in return.

He placed a kiss on her head and she sighed happily. "Go on and sit, I'll finish dinner myself, okay?" she told him.

"Hn." he replied and went to sit down.

Sakura started to chop the rest of the tomatoes correctly.

After about five minutes she heard footsteps and Sasuke appeared beside her once more.

"Sakura." he said.

"Yes, Sasuke-kun?" she replied.

Sasuke placed his hand over hers. "I've missed you." he told her. The sincerity of his tone made her heart skip a beat.

"I've missed you too, Sasuke-kun." she replied, looking up at him.

The he brought her arm around his neck and leaned down. Sakura was enjoying the moment. Sasuke wasn't the affectionate type, at least not in this kind of way. So she closed her eyes and leaned up. Awaiting his lips to welcome hers.

"Mom!" Sarada called out, startling both her parents. "Is dinner ready?" she asked as she entered the kitchen.

Then she noticed her parents jump apart. "Uhm, what were you guys doing?" she asked them, crossing her arms.

"Nothing, Sarada-chan!" Sakura quickly said, waving her arms around.

"Mhm." Sarada replied with a smirk. "You were about to kiss, weren't you?" she asked.

Sasuke blushed deeply then replied. "Mind your mother, Sarada. She isn't a woman to be messed with." he told her, rubbing the back of his neck and looking to the side.

Ding! Ding! Ding! The timer on the oven went off.

"Dinner's ready!" Sakara called out. And rushed to turn the oven off. "Set the table, Sarada-chan! Go ahead and sit down, Sasuke-kun."

They did as they asked and then sat down to enjoy their family dinner.