çɧą℘ɬɛŗ ɬɧŗɛɛ: ცıɠɠɛʂɬ ŗɛɠŗɛɬ

Chapter 3

Biggest regret

I jolted up from my sleep with a cry. I looked around sweat dripping off my chin wetting my shirt. I panted and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"It...was just another nightmare" I closed my eyes and relaxed.

Last night, I had a dream about my parents again. I saw them standing before me injured. They screamed out in pain from the kunais sticking out of their bodies blood soaking their kimonos. Their voices were haunting me. "Akari...help us" was what they said. I couldn't do or say anything. I was forced to watch them die in front my own bare eyes.

I clenched my fists and punched my self. Not helping them was my biggest regret. Why? Why didn't I do anything? I could've helped them. They could've lived if I would just cry for help.

I gritted my teeth, thrashed and grunted. I clamped my hands on my eyes and sobbed.

"Mom...dad.....I'm really sorry.."

"Hey...you ok?" A voice startled me. My eyes widened and flashed up to see Itachi's head inside my tent.

I wiped my tears away and immediately made an excuse.

"What do you mean? I-I was......something went inside my eye" my voice sounded thick with emotion. I wouldn't blame him if he wasn't convinced.

"Ok...hurry up we're leaving soon" with that, he took his head back out.

I was taken back. He believed that lame excuse? Wow.

I rubbed my eyes again and packed my pillows. I noticed that Itachi returned my blanket while I was asleep.

I prepared my things and tied my hair. I got out and folded my tent.

"Let's go" said Itachi quietly. Immediately, we stormed into the woods again climbing from trees to trees.

---------------------

After going for 2 more days, we finally spot the Hidden Sand's gates from afar.

About 50m from the gates, Itachi stopped.

"Change your ANBU clothes" said Itachi without any explanation.

"Why?"

"I don't want the Suna people to know we're ANBU's. It might raise suspicion and it'll be hard for us to spy"

"Got it"

I went into the bushes and took down my pack. I zipped it open and took out a green shirt and regular ninja pants. I slipped out of my ANBU uniform and put down the green t-shirt and pants.

I stuffed my ANBU uniform and sword into my pack and walked out of the bushes. Itachi was already done waiting for me.

"Sorry for taking so long" I mumbled.

-------------------

Suna was....pretty the same as Konoha except that its sandier. I walked down the street with Itachi by my side. We found a guest house and went in.

"Hello. What may I do for this beautiful couple?" said the old lady at the counter.

I blushed and quickly said "we're not couples! We're just coming here to....visit our grandpa" I know my excuse sucks but...still it's better than nothing. -.-

"We want 2 rooms" said Itachi blankly.

"As you wish young man" replied the lady handing us 2 keys.

"Room 13 and 14 it's on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall" informed the woman smiling.

Itachi bowed and said thank you. I bowed too and smiled at her.