çɧą℘ɬɛŗ ɛıɠɧɬ: ῳɛƖçơɱɛ ɬơ ɬɧɛ ąƙąɬʂųƙı

Chapter 8

Welcome to the Akatsuki

The cold stones pressed against my face as i layed lifelessly on the dirty floor. Waking up to notice that you're in a dark cell was a nightmare...really. My hands were chained to the ground and i could find no strength to sit up. The chain was obviously absorbing my chakra. 'Curse those slick Akatsukis' i cursed silently as I stared straight ahead to the door across of me. I let my eyes linger around the door expecting the Akatsuki to come and do something abominable. The room's light source was only from a faint candle probably behind me.

My eyelids were dying to droop over my eyes but I didnt want to sleep. I want to see my life come to an end. My throat was pleading for the feeling of cool water flooding through it. My green hair was dirty and disheveled. For what seems like hours, a silhouette was visible under the door and it creaked open. I shut my eyes.

The door slammed closed.

"Ayame Akari you will join the Akatsuki" said a voice. I opened my eyes and found the man with piercings crouching in front of me. His purple ring eyes boring into my poor brown ones. I said nothing but stared back. It seems like we were having a staring competition and i won cuz he blinked and gazed away.

"You will join the Akatsuki" he repeated again in a sober tone. He has a really deep voice. Actually, the deepest voice i've ever heard.

"Why would i do that?' i croaked out. I know this is not going to be good and I braced for the consequences.

His mouth pulled into a smirk "because you have the phenomenal ability to heal people like Tsunade. It was said that after the legendary slug princess, it is you that can heal people in amazing ways." he paused "not just because of that, you excel in combat. I heard that there's a nickname for you." His smirk grew wider "The lightning scorpion."

It felt weird having an S-ranked criminal compliment at you like that...it was true that people gave me the nickname "lighting scorpion" probably because Akari means lightning and cuz of the scorpion tattoo under my collarbone.

"what if I object?" I challenged him. Our eyes met again and I glared at him. He held his gaze and moved his face real close to mine. I held my breath as he whispered softly with a malicious tone.

"Mark my words Akari...if you dont, we will make sure that all you're precious friends will be eradicated" said the man with a poker face.

His threat didnt surprise me. I was actually expecting the Akatsuki to do something familiar to this. I know that the Akatsuki would never turn back on their words. They would probably kill all my friends without a tiny hesistation. I admit that i was scared at that moment. Scared of the loss of my friends and my life.

I shut my eyes considering everything out. Making my mind up, I concurred.

"Alright. I will BUT in one condition"

The man's eyes narrowed but he nodded. "say it" he commanded.

"Keep your words and DO.NOT.TOUCH.MY.FRIENDS." i choked out trying to sound scary as hard as I can. He leered at me, an evil expression on his face. He stood up and called out "Kisame". Immediately, a shark-like guy came into the room, approaching toward me.

The guy i believe as Kisame bent down and pulled me up with brute strength. I cried out as i heard a faint click. My arm was obviously pulled out of its socket. I slumped back down to the ground again. Feeling fatigue punding on me.

"Carry her Kisame she cant walk like this...and take the chains off" the other guy commanded.

I sighed as Kisame took the heavy chains off and carried me roughly out of the room. We walked along a hallway as my eyes wandered from door to door. The wall was not painted and everything looked old. The hall looked gloomy even. There was so many rooms.