Chapter 11

ADRIEN

"I wasn't going to kill him, Adrien!" she insisted

"I know, Mari, but... I don't know, I guess I didn't think you could understand the whole situation, you would have definitely thought I'd been lying this whole time and didn't really want to fight evil and..."

I'd been trying to explain myself ever since we'd left Master Fu's house and headed towards Hawk Moth's... well, towards my house.

"Look, I've believed you now and I would have done so too if you'd told me before."

I sighed. "Thank you, Marinette."

A smile crossed her face and she realized that she'd been too harsh on me.

"By the way..." she added "I don't think we should call each other by our names while we are disguised as Ladybug and Chat Noir... even if it's just for the civilians' sake. Once this is all over we'll see how many people know about our identities."

"I agree" I nodded.

"And..." her eyes looked down. My heart thudded. I'd always considered that gesture to be very cute in Marinette... but when she did it as Ladybug it was simply irresistible. "I just wanted to thank you for saving my life back then."

"Well, it was my fault in the first place that it got endangered, so we're at peace." I smiled at her in reassurance, but her face reddened even more.

"Oh. Hum... I didn't – wasn't expecting you to..."

A nasty thought crossed my mind, and I all I could do to see if I was wrong was to test it. A cheeky smile crossed my face "Were you willing to recompense me, then?"

Marinette's eyes opened wide.

"Oh! N-no! You said it was fine, yeah, you're right! We're at peace! Let's move on!"

She clumsily tried to move her legs, but they certainly didn't show the determination she was trying to pull off.

"Actually..." I started as I used my staff to stop her from getting away "I've changed my mind."

I could feel her body shaking slightly as I pulled one of my arms around her waist, maintaining myself behind her. I was purely being Chat Noir right now, but loving her as consciously as Adrien did. "It was so hard having to carry you all the way to Master Fu's, only guided by Tikki... in the middle of the night... all by my own..." I drew my lips closer to her neck, and her breath grew denser as I spoke "Plus, you are so heavy, princess, it made it even harder!"

"But-! How dare you!"

And I received a sweet punch in my face that would surely leave a bruise behind in a couple of hours.

"Please remember that you're in your suit before punching me, princess..." I joked while touching my face to check that it was still in one piece.

She bit her lip in order to stop herself from laughing. "You deserved it!"

"Yeah, whatever..." I rolled my eyes and, before I could set them back on my lady, I was surprised by her lips suddenly pressing hard against mine, cutting away my breath. This time it was my turn to blush. Since I wasn't responding, she held the back of my head with both her hands and pressed even harder. I finally closed my eyes and let the little air I had left inside me mix with hers, not caring if I was to die of asphyxia as long as it was with my lady...

She finally separated herself from me, just enough to let some oxygen run between us, yet she kept her arms around my neck. We both panted against the other, fighting for air.