21. Elevators and Bitter Interrogations

Dedicated to: MUKE-is-REAL-AF bestfriendsforeverf -lukewarm willsmith5s0s kayli2985 incrediblyellie kiarabrown492 harrys_bunsz idcfish
piercings- <3 and basically everyone else for the amazing comments XD

Sorry, this chapter has a lot of dialogue. Phew!

+

«DAY 10 cont.»   

Lissa

I'm starving.

All I can think of is a hot plate of breakfast waiting for me in the hotel cafeteria, and I pound on the elevator's 'down' arrow with anticipation. I even press the button on the elevator next to it for good measure, in case it arrives faster.

While I wait for either of the doors to open, I contemplate the story Calum just told me about Michael and Luke.

Luke is a cruel, violent, and heartless person, more than I'd ever imagined. He'd lied to Michael for no other reason than to obey Ben. Even if their publicist gave orders, a normal person with morals and a sense of judgement wouldn't agree to 'dating' his best friend's girlfriend, nor sleep with her off-camera.

I can't help but feel pity for Michael, despite how upset I am at both of them. At least now, I understand his motives to beat Luke all the time.

+

The elevator to my left arrives with a ding. I hurry inside as soon as the doors open and press the lobby button with a sigh.

+

Suddenly, I hear footsteps running down the hallway and someone pushes a hand in between the moving doors, stopping them from closing. Fingers wrapping around the metal, the outsider pries the doors apart and waits until they slide back open, so that his full figure is revealed. He takes only a few steps inside, but freezes when he sees me.

Luke.

My breath catches, and I step back in surprise. 

Today he's wearing a black hoodie and matching black jeans, making him look long and lean and pale

Today he's wearing a black hoodie and matching black jeans, making him look long and lean and pale. He reminds me of a ghost. A scowling, blonde ghost whose red lips are dripping with blood. No, his lips aren't actually dripping with blood, but they might as well be, because I am afraid of him. He is unpredictable. Even the way he's standing there terrifies me, what with those unbelievably broad shoulders and long legs and pasty skin.