........Why?

I had been in the hospital for days now, the pain was easing up but I still ached. Liam had stayed with me all this time, I loved him even more for this. Louis popped in everyday to make sure I hadn't slipped of to the land of no return. It was sweet for him to be worried and caring for me but I wasn't gonna die. Liam was asleep in the arm chair next to me snoring really loudly and holding my hand. I smiled at him even though he couldn't see me. Saffron walked through the door very unexpected. She smiled at the sight of me and Liam sat there. Then, knowing Saffron I knew this was coming, she screamed which caused Liam to jump in his sleep and wake up on the alert.

"You frightened the life out of me Saffron."

Liam commented which wasn't a good idea.

"You...you...you know my name. you the Liam Payne knows my name!"

I could see Saffron was trying hard not to faint at this point.

"I'll just leave shall I. let you two girls have some girl time."

Liam said getting up and kissing me lightly on the nose.

"Thanks Liam."

I whispered to him as he let go of my hand. Saffron moved out of the way of the door fro him like he was royalty. She still wasn't used to the fact that I was with Liam.

"Hi."

My voice was weak but still audible.

"Heyy."

Saffron replied in a strange way. There was something wrong with her, she was normally all bouncy and happy but then she was sad and had an expression on her face that I could only describe as guilty. This wasn't normal for the chirpy Saffron I knew.

"I need to tell you something..."

She went on.

"I'm...ohh God...I feel terrible...I'm. I'...I'm the reason you're here, here in this bed, here in this hospital, here in this state."

"What do you mean Saffron."

I was confused. What did she mean?

"I was the one who punched you that night. I'm so sorry Izzy, I really am but I couldn't control myself. I was jealous."

Her eyes were filling up with tears.

Why did she do this, she has copped before with jealousy, Louis and Eleanor, Liam and Hannah. Why did she hurt me, her friend?

"Why Saffron. You've copped with jealousy before. I'm meant to be your friend and now you've landed me with 3 broken ribs and a bruised stomach. You never cease to surprise me Saffron Taylor."

I sighed not sure whether I felt angry or sad. Should I feel angry, I mean she is my best friend.

"I'm sorry. I'll just leave. You don't have to speak to me ever again if you don't want, I deserve it."

She got up and walked out of the room. I should've done something to stop her, she didn't deserve it, but I couldn't I let her walk away.

Liam walked back into the room. By now I was crying. He rushed over to the side of me and cuddled me close.

"What's wrong babe."

"She's gone, she done this to me and now she's left."

My tears soaked his shirt but he didn't seem to mind.

"Saffron did this to you?"

Liam asked sounding just a bit confused.

"Yer."

I sobbed. A doctor walked into the room and announced I could go home if was up to it. Liam looked down at me, I was still crying, I nodded a weak lifeless nod symbolising I wanted to go, get out of here. He packed up my stuff neatly into my oversized bag and helped me of the bed. We made our way to his car in then hospital car park. It was cold out so Liam hugged me close to keep me warm.

We reached his warm house and he took me inside then placed me on the sofa. He went outside to my bag out if the car but when he came back I was asleep.

*The Next Day*

I woke up and Liam was lying on the floor, asleep, bless him he looked so sweet. I got up, cringing in pain when I sat up, then walked to the front door to get the newspaper. It hurt so bad when I bent over to pick up the paper of the floor. I limply dragged myself back to the sofa, now to find Liam was awake and sitting were I had just been lying. I plonked myself next to him and him put his arm around me. I opened up the newspaper and on the front page was the worst thing could've ever dreamed about. I burst out in tears and Liam's face was in complete shock. She done this because she thought what she done was that wrong. Why did she do this, it was so stupid! I read through the story and apparently stuck to her was a note for me saying 'I'm sorry Izzy. I deserve this. What I done was wrong. I've been a terrible friend and I couldn't live knowing that One Direction hated me for hurting you...ha-ha. So here I am... dead.'

Why Saffron? You weren't a bad friend and I don't care that you hurt me. All I care about is having you back...alive.

THE END

--------------------------------------------------------

wre you expecting that?

So guys...what did you think? please comment i love to read them and some can help me improve my writhing more...thanks :) or you can send them to me on twitter @Abi_Jayne_98

Abi

x