Chapter 4

May I never be complete
May I never be content
May I never be perfect.

*********************************

"I'm not who you think I am."

I wanted and needed answers, but not like this. My leg was killing me.
I looked at him.

"Save your breath and take me inside."

Ho obliged with no further exchange of words.

As soon as we got inside we managed to clean my wound and bandage it all.
He found a cup in the kitchen, and approached me while I was laying on the couch, with my leg kept up by a cushion.
"Drink, it will make you feel better."

I was used to it, the metallic taste of his blood. Took it with no complaint.

"How are you feeling?"
"Better, thanks"
I could see it in his eyes. He was guarded and uncertain. He didn't know how to tell me what he had to tell, and most importantly how would I react.

*

Samael knew her friend pretty well.
He wanted to reach for her and hug her, telling her he would have kept her safe and everything would have gone good.

He had not planned to tell her like this. He had expected it to happen under better circumstances, maybe sitting by the sea, for he knew how much the element of water calmed her down. Now, he only had to hope she would understand.
Go big or go home Samael.

"I knew your family, pretty well"

*

I'm not hearing straight, that's it. I'm allucinating.

He was waiting for a reaction, so I gave him one.
"What?"

"I was a friend of your parents, and of your mother's parents before them"

"I don't understand. Y-you are not making sense."

He sighed.

"I've always known you Erin"

Now i was pissed.

"No, you didn't! That's why you attacked me! Otherwise, you would have helped me, helped us. You have a dark past, that's why we don't talk about it!I would have recognised you!"

"You couldn't have, dammit Erin! I compelled you to forget me, but I know when you look at me you feel I'm somewhat familiar to you!" He kind of screamed, and shut me up for a moment.

Anger,betrayal,pain.

"How dare you!"

I wanted it to sound threatening, but my broken voice prevented from having that effect.

He walked closer to me.

"I'm sorry Erin. My duty was to protect you..and after all of that, I felt terribly ashamed of myself. I was a failure. So I made you forget myself, kept an eye on you and then when you-"

"Don't. I can't hear it right now."

"You have to Erin, I have to!"

"I said, NOT NOW!"

He was caught by surprise by my harsh reaction. A few tears made their way out of my eyes, and fell down. I violently dried my cheeks whit my palm and got up.

"I need time. I'm going to take a walk. Won't go far. You are waiting here. I'll be back before evening"

"If something's wrong, scream my name"
He used is soft voice.
Nonetheless, I had to bite hard on my tongue to not answer him back harshly, hinting on our past.