Chapter One:

The sound of my alarm wakes me. It's 6:00am and the sound is ear piercing. I slam my hand down against my alarm to shut it up. I can't be bothered getting up, so I close my eyes and try to get back to sleep but the smell of mum's cooking is too hard to resist. I enjoy mum's cooking and I have to get up and eat. I drag myself out of bed and sludge across the room. I walk past my brother, Derek's room. He has the door shut, so he must be asleep still.

I am the youngest. I have an older sister, Mel and an older brother named Derek. I live with my mum, dad, Mel and Derek. We all live in the Brisbane City. Mum and Dad both work at Vance Publishing. Mum is one of the head publishers and dad is the head of the finance side. Therefore, mum and dad are very rich and that's why we live in the city.

As I walk past Mel's room, I hear her blasting Ed Sheeran's music. Mel is obsessed with him. She knows every single detail and fact about him. Where he is 24/7 and it's sometimes creepy. Sometimes I think she's too obsessed. I have a strong relationship with Mel. She is my role model and I go to her when I need to speak to someone.

I roll my eyes at the fact of her obsession. I walk down the stairs and I an hear my mother's voice in the kitchen. She thinks she should go on the X Factor or something but I don't think she should. Dad's at work already. I never see him because he is always there.

Mum had made me pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast. She does this for me every morning.

It's Monday and I'm starting my last year of High School. I'm a senior at GreenGrove High. Mel is in her last year of college and Derek is starting his first year of College at Mel's College, GGC. GreenGrove High and GreenGrove College are near each other so it's no problem getting home. I drive my own car to and from school, sometimes I catch a ride with Heath. Heath is my boyfriend. He is a senior just like me and is the captain of the football team. I am also the captain of the cheerleading squad. Which reminds me, we have to set up some try outs for this year.

It's only 7:00 and I don't have to leave till 8:00 but I decide to go and get ready for the start of grade twelve.

I finally decide to go with something simple. A casual shirt and just some shorts. I curl my hair and do my usual makeup. It's 7:45 and I still have 15 more minutes. There is nothing else to do so I just leave.

Wow, I never though I would miss this place so much. I love GreenGrove High. All the teachers love me. I have great grade and have an amazing bunch of friends.

Pulling into the grounds brings back so many memories but I'm here to make new ones. I pull into my designated spot that has a special sign saying 'Cheerleader Captain'. Only the captains of certain teams get designated spots. I grab my bag from the back seat and get out of the car.

"AVA!!!" I hear two girls scream. I know exactly who that is.

I turn around and see my two best friends, Skye and Tahlia, charging at me. They crash into me and embrace me into a hug. We all let out a loud laugh. We get a couple of people staring at us, oh well.