Chapter two: "Thank you."

Dipper's (POV)

When I woke up the next morning, I found myself wrapped in Wendy's arms. I blushed deeply before I smiled. I wrapped my arms around her body and hugged her tightly. I then let her go, and shake her shoulder lightly. She moaned sleeply, and opened her eyes. She smiled at me as I spoke up quietly.

"Good morning Wendy."

She yawned before she spoke up.

"Good morning Dipper."

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, did you?"

"Yeah, I did."

She nods, and gets out of bed stretching. I smile and get up too.

"Well, I'm going to make us breakfast Wendy."

"Okay, I'll be down in a bit. I need to get dressed."

"Alright, come down when you are ready."

She nodded and I got out of the room.
I go down the stairs, and into the kitchen to make breakfast. I get out the pancake mix, and eggs, milk, and olive oil. I get out a bowl and pan and get to work. About ten minutes later, the pancakes are done, and soaked in syrup. Just the way Wendy likes it. I put the food at the table, and go upstairs to get Wendy. I opened the door to Wendy's room, and spoke up.

"Hey Wendy, breakfast is rea..."

I stop in mid-sentence when I see Wendy getting undressed. And she didn't even notice?! I stared for a second before screaming in a panic matter. She turns to see me screaming, and starts to scream too. She covers her body with her bed sheets before speaking up.

"Dipper, what are you doing?!"

"I came to tell you breakfast was ready! I'm so sorry Wendy!"

I cover my eyes, and I hear Wendy speak up again.

"Its okay Dipper, it wasn't your fault. I should have locked the door."

"No, it is my fault, I should have knocked before entering your room."

"Hey, it's cool man. I honestly didn't think you would be so mature about this. I really thought you would just stare. Robbie always did when he caught me like this."

"Well, I'm not Robbie am I?"

She smirked before speaking up again.

"Yeah, thank goodness for that."

"Heh, yeah."

"Well, you can look now, I'm dressed."

I uncovered my eyes, and blushed deeply at her. She does the same before I spoke up.

"Can we pretend that this never happened?"

"What never happened?"

"Exactly."

We share a quick laugh, before I make my way to the door.

"Well, I made pancakes. Come down when you are ready."

"Okay, I'll be down in a second. I need to use the bathroom."

I nodded, and went back down stairs to the dinner table. I get out some Apple juice for myself and coffee for Wendy. I then sit at the table, and waited for Wendy. About five minutes later Wendy comes down to the dinner table. She smiles at me, and I smiled back. She sits at the table with me, and she spoke up.

"Thank you for breakfast Dipper. You know you didn't have to do it."

"I know, but I wanted to."

She smiled at me again, and we started to eat. When we were done, I helped her do the dishes. Once we were done, Wendy was about to leave for work but I stopped her.

"Wendy, are you sure you're okay enough to work today? I can call Stan and tell him that you will have a sick day."

"I'll be fine Dipper, but thank you for caring."

We shared a smile before we headed out to work. Once we got to the Mystery Shack, Wendy went to her post and I walked to the living room. But before I did Wendy stopped me.

"Hey Dipper?"

"Yeah?"

She then got out for her post and kneeled down to my level.

"I just wanted to thank you again, for sending the night with me to make sure I was ok."

"Of course Wendy."

"And one more thing."

"What?"

She then kissed my cheek, and I blushed deeply. She smiled at me and went back to her post. I smiled sheepishly and stumbled into the living room. She giggled the whole time. Once I was in the living room, I fell backwards with a huge grin on my face. Mabel came down and saw my face.

"Dipper, where have you been? I've been looking for you."

"I....was....Wendy.....comfort..."

"What?"

Once I got my head out of the fog, I spoke up again clearly.

"I went to Wendy's house and did what you told me. And she asked if I could stay over night. Which I did. Then I made us breakfast and then came here."

"So you stayed over night with her?"

"Yep."

"I hope you behaved Dipper."

"What are you.....MABEL NO!!"

"HAHAHAHAH, you are so easy bro bro!"

With that she walked away still laughing. And I got up from the ground still blushing. Once I was up, I brushed off the dust and went to the attic for my Journal.

Wendy's (POV)

As I sat there at my post, I began to get butterflies in my stomach for what I was about to do. Dipper was on his way to the living room when I stopped him.

"Hey Dipper?"

"Yeah?"

I got up from my post and kneeled down so I was his level.

"I just wanted to thank you again, for spending the night with me to make sure I was ok."

"Of course Wendy."

"And one more thing."

"What?"

I blushed as I kissed his cheek. He blushed deeply as well before sheepishly smiling. I couldn't help but giggle at that face as he stumbled out the door to the living room. When he left my heart was pounding a million miles per hour. I thought st first it was the fact that I just kissed his cheek, but little did I know.

Author's note:

Don't forget to vote and comment!