The shoes

Play the music at the side for a better reading and experience!! ENjoy!! (^_^)/ Go for Gold!! 

_____________________________________________________________________________

"For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn." I saw this advertisement as I walked down a line of shops. It caught my attention.  It would be a very perfect gift for my favorite nephew.

                I walked inside the shop, a dimly lit room. The shop was lined with shelves, displaying a variety of goods. This was probably an emporium. I immediately looked for the owner of the store. The owner was a thin, pale old woman with gray hair and narrow eyes.

                "What can I do for you?" asked the owner with a very sweet smile plastered in her wrinkled face.

                As I asked the woman about the baby shoes, I heard whispers coming from the workers behind the shelves. I turned to them with a questioning look but they just turned away as if I only imagined them whispering to one another.

                "Don't mind them. They probably were talking about the shoes. It is just that the baby shoes never were sold. 3 years has already passed and here it is still waiting to be worn" said the old woman gesturing to the shoes behind her.

                "Why is that?"

                "You see, those shoes were my son's but he died a few months after I gave birth to him. He did not even have a chance to wear them. I always tell this story to the people who want the shoes but sadly, they did not want the shoes which belonged to the deceased".

                I felt sorry for her and decided to buy the shoes which are really cute. I told the woman that I would buy them and gave her my condolences. I handed her the money but she refused. She told me that I was such an angel and that I deserved the shoes.  I refused and told her that such a beautiful thing should not be free.

                "That's not free. You just don't pay it in terms of money. Remember, it is better to give than to receive.  Don't deny this opportunity."  She again showed me her sweet smile, gave me the shoes and ushered me out.

                3 days passed when I decided to visit my nephew and present him my gift. I bet he will love it! I got to their house but the curtains are drawn. They are not here and so I called my sister. She answered on the fourth ring, crying. She told me that my nephew just died. I dropped my phone. My world shattered and I cannot breathe. My world became black. I died. I had a heart attack. The last picture I saw was the shoes inside the bag. I did not even notice I opened it. The price was paid.

In the corner of the street, an old woman's laugh rang.