O.11

O.11// The Story of Her Past

The three of us sat at my old table in the cafeteria which was in the middle of the room, a few tables away from Cade.

I looked around the room in hopes of Beth showing, but she wasn't here yet.

"She needs time." Azor broke the silence. I nodded and gazed over at his table.

"And in order for this revenge to work, we need to not let our emotions get to us. If Beatrice or whatever her name is doesn't pick your side, she isn't your true best friend." Lilah added.

"You're right. What should we do now?" I asked, wanting to avoid this subject, the thought of losing Beth tearing my heart apart. Lilah looked over at Azor expectantly making him stand and grab my hand.

"We're going to pass his table over to the restrooms and go into the boy's room. He'll think we're doing something we're not supposed to." I hesitantly grabbed his hand and nodded, putting on the fake giggles. When we passed Cade's table I could see him tense and clench his fists. My heart sunk at making him think something was going on between me and Azor and I wasn't exactly sure why my heart still felt care for him, but it had to be done. He hurt you first, Sera.

Once we got in the boy's restroom we dropped hands. I looked in the mirror at my appearance, not recognizing the girl in front of me. This girl was unsure of her own thoughts, insecure about people getting close to her again. Scared of being shattered to the point of nothing left to pick back up and fix.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Azor's hand made contact with my back in a comforting gesture. I blinked back tears and shook my head, my hair hiding my face as I turned around to face him. I couldn't just spill my guts to everyone that makes me feel safe, because it stabs me in the back in the end.

"I'm fine, I don't know what you're talking about." My hair was suddenly pulled behind my ear and Azor was closer than I remembered.

"I'm not Cade, Seraphina. I'm not going to deceive you as someone that cares but really doesn't, because I do want to help you and keep you safe." I looked down, avoiding his gaze. I wanted so badly to tell him everything that started from sophmore year that made me the fragile person I am now, but I just couldn't.

"I- I'm fine, really." I faked a small smile and brushed past him, going down a hall away from the cafeteria as quickly as possible. I've only known him for two days and I almost told him everything that could make or break me again. When am I ever going to stop being so stupid?

I nearly screamed when I was pulled to the side before a hand clamped down on my mouth.

"Hey cupcake." Fletcher. He removed his hand from my mouth and smirked.

"What do you want Fletcher?" I gritted my teeth. He pouted and tilted his head.

"Why you of course." He grinned. "I want to know what's up with you and that new boy you've been screwing and why you are ignoring Cade." He grabbed my hand. "Well would you look at that? No ring. Were you screwing that new boy and then Cade found out? Or was it the other way around and you're broken hearted?" I yanked my hand away from his grip.

"You don't know shit, so I'd suggest educating yourself before you confront me about it." I pushed past him ready to find an empty room, but he grabbed my waist and pulled me against his chest.

"You're not dating that new boy are you?" He whispered in my war. Making me shiver with fear. He knows.

"L-leave me alone." How did I go from confident to weak in less than a second?

"Well now that Cade's out of the way I think this made my job a whole lot easier." I felt his hand brush my cheek.

"I miss you." He whispered with his lips to my ear. I bit back a cry for help.