INTRODUCTION

It isn't Kylie Faye's fault she's best friends with a hardcore One Direction fangirl. It also isn't her fault she ends up on a TV show surrounded by even more of them.

When her Harry Styles obsessed best friend, Mia Hernandez, is unable to keep her spot on a new One Direction fangirl show, Kylie volunteers - well, not really - to take her place. All in a blur, she finds herself sharing a Malibu beach house with four of Mia's clones, showcasing the secret life of the One Direction fandom.

So what exactly happens when Kylie joins these four dedicated fangirls under one roof?

Drama, more drama, and a whole lot of fangirling.

And maybe a cat fight or two.

Author's Note:

I wrote this story during the peak of the One Direction craze, which was long ago enough that this book actually won the 2014 Watty Awards (yes, a decade ago). Despite its premise, Keeping up with the Fangirlsis not actually fan fiction (i.e., One Direction never appears in it), but a satirical critique of both fan fiction and boyband fandom. While the references in this book are very dated at this point and may not make sense if you were never a Directioner, there is a certain timelessness to the cringe that still dominates the world of fiction.

So, what should you expect? Cringe, clichés (lots of them!), eye roll moments, and a whole lot of laughter.

But don't worry, it's all done on purpose.

Enjoy!

Gina