17

I use the little energy left in my to push myself off the wall, my legs taking me further and further from the unconscious boy.

I'm panting heavily, my eyes trailing from side to side to find any sort of hideout.

I can feel hot tears stream down my flushed cheeks as I turn around to get a glimpse of Yixing and my eyes immediately widen.

He has one hand pressed against his forehead as he struggles to sit up, anger and frustration written all over his face.

I quicken my pace, my heart beating right out of my chest as I turn back around to face forward.

"You're dead!"
His loud voice sends shivers down my spine as he shouts at the top of his lungs, his tone so intimidating and frightening that I find my knees weaken.

I immediately freeze on my spot once I see a black car with tinted windows zoom down the deserted street towards me.

Almost immediately, the window of the passenger seat is rolled down and a smooth faced boy pokes his head out to look at me.

"Get in"
He simply speaks, his voice stern as he slightly tilts his head to get a view of Yixing's limping figure.

I find myself questioning him, my eyes examining him carefully. His golden locks are covering his forehead, his facial expression almost too relaxed.

I don't know what goes over me, but as soon as I sharply turn my head and notice Yixing and his heavy steps, I rush to the car and jam myself onto the chair.

As soon as the door is slammed shut, the boy presses on the gas pedal and we're sent off flying down the empty street.