Chapter Seventeen- The Accident

"I just really can't believe it." Lindsey said, reading the letter for the billionith time. "Yale." She laughed, setting it on her lap. "I'm going to Yale." I smiled from the backseat. Lindsey deserved everything her life had in store for her. Mark was a lucky man.

"I'm so happy for you." He half heartedly said from the drivers seat.

"You alright?" Lindsey asked, concerned.

"Yeah it's just..." He trailed off, as if thinking of his next words. "I'm going to miss you." He blushed.

Lindsey's smile grew. "Madison!" She turned around in her seat. "Write this down. Write down the date. Say 'Mark Chavez said he was going to miss Lindsey.' Put in the time. 2:17 p.m. Make sure you describe the scene. 'It was a sunny Spring day with a high of 76 and a low of 72.'" I laughed, as she dramatically threw her arms about.

"Alright, alright." Mark rolled his eyes. "I get it."

"No Marky." Lindsey smiled. "I want to remember how much I love you when I'm gone." He glance over at her and started to lean in. "Eyes on the road! Your not James Bond." She pushed his face away and laughed.

"Even if I was, you wouldn't know."

"Oh because you're so good at keeping secrets." She raised an eyebrow. "Think, ah, that time I told you not to tell your mom that we were dating until at least six months?"

"Or when I asked you not to tell dad I was the one who broke the window." I added.

"Or when I told you not to tell Megan that I thought she was gaining weight."

"Or when you promised you wouldn't tell mom what I got her for her anniversary?"

"Or when-"

"Ok, ok, so I'm not a spy."

"Mhm." Lindsey looked at me with a conquering glance.

"Or maybe all those times I was trying to convince you I wasn't a spy so you wouldn't caught on and it was all part of my ingenious plan." He chuckled to himself.

"And that time you wet your bed when you were 13... was that part of your ingenious plan?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He glanced at me from the rearview mirror, narrowing his eyes.

"You wet the bed when you were 13?" Lindsey began laughed hystarically.

"It was one time!" He growled. "I had a nightmare."

I unbulked myself and leaned forward. "He claimed he was dreaming about Mark-eating teddy bears."

"They were giant Mark-eating teddy bears." Lindsey still laughed. "Put your seat belt back on!" Mark pushed me back. "If I have to cut a super spy move with this car your doing to go flying."

"Alright, alright." I sat back, clicking my seatbelt back on. "Just watch out for the giant teddy bears. Kay Mark?

He again looked in the rearview mirror and narrowed his eyes. "Don't worry." Lindsey was calming down. "I still love you."

He looked over at her. "I love you too." He leaned forward and kissed her tenderly on the mouth. I heard the horn before I saw it, and by the time I did see it, it was to late.

"MARK!" I screamed sitting up. Sweat poured from my forhead, my hands were tightly gripping onto a blanket that had been laid over me, my eye fluttered, trying to figure out where they were.

"Madison!" I heard Ian yell, as he grabbed my shoulders. "What's wrong?" I blinked a few times, trying to see him in the dark room that was only alight by the television.