Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Clack. Clack. Clack.

I can’t help but notice how perfect the girls are in this university.

Sexy body. Cute face. Long eyelashes. Alluring eyes. Kissable lips. Good posture.

Yup. They’re perfect.

But then, again, they’re not.

They may have a sexy body but they’re a slut. They may have a cute face but they use it to play with other’s feelings. They may have alluring eyes but they use it to spot someone’s fault. And those kissable lips of theirs are used to spread gossips, ruining someone’s image.

But still. I can’t help myself but be amazed.

They can wear make-up like it’s the most natural thing ever. They wear designers’ clothes and 6 inch heals like it’s nothing.

I envy them.

I do wear make-up but not as noticeable as theirs. I do wear fashionable clothes but not as fancy as them. I do wear heals but I have a hard time using them.

I definitely envy them.

My thoughts were instantly interrupted as my professor slams his hand on my table.

“Ms. Yvonne! If you would be too kind to listen to my lecture and not stare at the hallways!”

Yup. That’s me! Euphemia Yvonne from Florida. I recently transferred here in New York and to tell you the truth I have a hard time adjusting.

I still haven’t made friends. I am not that shock though. I mean, I have a bad personality. I am not smart either. I’m also ugly, inside and out.

 The only good thing about me is I’m good at singing. Not as good as Avril Lavigne, Carly Rae Jepsen and etc but definitely good.

My thoughts soon come to an end as the bell furiously rings, signifying the end of the day.

I grab my books and shove it in my bag. I made my way through the hallways and I can’t help but think that all of their eyes are centered to me.

I really hate the crowd. It brings back memories. Memories that I rather not think of.

I made a mad dash for it and turned around the corner causing me to bump to someone.

Books and papers were scattered in an instant. And as I shot my head up, I instantly saw a hand extending towards me.

“Are you okay?” the stranger asked me.

She had soot brown-like locks that flows up to her waist. Her eyes had a shade of coffee color as she stares at me.

She reminds me of someone. And just the mental thought of him makes me puke.

I gently took her hand and helped her pick up the scattered papers.

I take a look at it.

It’s a poster of the upcoming singing contest in the school.

My hand frantically shook as series of chained memories penetrate my mind.

Yes. I’m good at singing.

But…

I can’t sing now.

I think it’s because of the trauma that I received from that day.

A hand rested in my shoulder and my spasms subsided.

“Are you okay?”

I can’t shake off the feeling that she resembles him. Their physical features, the way her hand rested in my shoulder, the way she talks… all!

“What’s your name?” I subconsciously asked.

She looks taken aback by it. I do understand though. She looks like the popular type. She shouldn’t have guessed that there’s someone who doesn’t know her.

Still, she answered. “Call me Brine. Brine Jones”

Brine Jones… I was suddenly relieved that she’s not related to him.

“I’m-” I was instantly cut by her.

“Euphemia Yvonne, right?”

I stood there, amazed. “How do you know my name?”

“I’m in your class.”

I stood there, embarrassed. I never expected that someone would take their time to memorize my name.

She stuck out his hand and it took me few seconds to get what she meant. I embarrassedly hand out the papers and she gave me a bright and gentle smile.

“See you.”

As she passed by me, I still can’t shake off the feeling that they’re alike.

I forced myself to turn away and continue walking on.

I just hope I won’t have a nightmare again….