Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! Rii-!

“Hello, Tyler? It’s a good thing you called. I was just getting ready to go. Are you-”

“Listen, Euphemia… I can’t meet up with you.”

I nearly let the phone fall but it’s a good thing that I caught it before it lands at the floor. He took my silence as a sign for him to continue.

“Since I can’t meet you, I’ll just tell you now. See, Euphemia… I don’t actually love you anymore.”

I froze at my spot and without even noticing, I let out an awkward laughter but it sounded to me like a sob.

“Good joke, Tyler. Don’t worry I’m on my way now so-”

“Stop it, Euphemia. It’s over. I’m better off with someone else.”

“I get it, Tyler! You’re doing an early April Fools! That’s why you’re fooling me even though it’s still the 17th of March.”

“No, Euphemia. I’m not fooling you. You’re the one fooling yourself. Let’s just be friends…”

Mixed of emotions suddenly burst through me as the last part echoed through my hollow self.

“YOU EXPECT ME TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?! WE’VE BEEN TOGETHER FOR TWO YEARS! WE HAVE MANY FIGHTS BUT WE ALWAYS MANAGE IT. AND NOW YOU WANT TO BREAK UP? STOP MAKING FUN OF ME! WHY DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO DATE ME IN THE FIRST PLACE?”

“I’m sorry…” was the last thing he said and everything turns black.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg! Riiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg!

I jolt up from my bed, throwing my sheets away from me. I panted and panted as recollections from my past starts to flood my brain. I wipe the sweat off my forehead as I slam the alarm clock off.

I had the same dream again…

I only have two classes this morning. I should just skip it.

I look at the calendar across me. January 27…

A tear roll down on my cheek as I recall what happened last year in the same date.

I should really skip university for today…

After doing my usual routine of taking a bath, putting on some decent clothes & eating, I grab my house keys at the table beside the phone and proceeded to go.

I went out with no destination in mind since I just want to cool down.

I want to forget all that happened in the past few years.

But..

That’s impossible.

It’s already imprinted in my mind… how he said he loves me and that he promises me that I’ll always be the one

I should’ve known better but to believe.

I actually don’t believe it at first.

I mean… He’s a perfect guy…

He got the looks, the voice, the charisma, the body… all!

But just like what they always say… “Nobody is perfect” and he is no exception.

It turns out that he just dated me for 2 years because he’s bored.

He’s been bad mouthing me to his friends… that may be the reason why his friends hated me.