Bump

There were the slight pillars of light that peeped out from behind long curtains, the only sound being the small shifts from the occupants within the room. Subtle twitches in both of the couple's face showed the signs of awakening, and eventually cobalt stared into a deep brown. Lux chuckled a little, pushing aside the twisting lekku that covered his wife's face. 

"Someone looks tired."

              The young woman's face barely changed, though the slightest scrunch of her nose could still be seen. Her gaze faltered as she rolled her eyes. "Since when did being married give you an excuse to insult your wife?" Lux bit back a bark of a laugh as the somewhat blank expression dissipated with the lack of his answer.

            "I can't help it, I am supposed to look after you when you're in sickness and in health. And you, my love, look far from healthy." 

             A large cushion slammed against his face as Ahsoka struggled to lean over. However, a large bump encircling her frame made her flop back over; leaving the former Senator to nearly choke. An icy glare emitted from the soon to be mother left the man speechless, stifling his amusement completely. Once the hint of tears edged her beautiful eyes, Lux felt his urge to make a witty remark leave as well. 

"Do I really look that ugly?"

             Lux's face fell down with shock. His wife, believing her beauty no longer existed? Leaning on his forearm, he stared at her in brief concern as he pulled her closer. Ahsoka was never one to be worried what others thought of her, so this was a shock to him. Seeing his fault, he nuzzled the top of her head gently.

"You? Ugly? Never." Her bottom lip pooched out a little as she looked at him with hooded eyes.

             "You're being sarcastic, aren't you. I know I'm not as...lean as I use to be. You don't think I see the judgmental stares at my stomach?". A loud sigh released from her as she deflated. "I look like some animal that crawled from out under the ground. Look at these dark circles! It looks like I joined the Dark Side or something on my face alone!" Lux squeezed her shoulders, moving his hands to cup her lower torso. There was a soft kick felt under the warm skin on her tummy, and he felt a smile reach across his face yet again.

         "You're beautiful. The most beautiful girl in the galaxy. That is...Besides our daughter, of course." He gave a chaste kiss before looking back down at her, hoping she would return some form of joy. Though still looking conflicted, the nervous energy surrounding her died down. She muttered a "really" before curling her fists against his chest, settling in the sheets. 

"You always know how to make me feel better, Lux. You're going to be a great dad." 

           Breathing in her scent, he rubbed small circles across her back. "And you will be a wonderful mother. Besides, there's more advantages to being pregnant besides having a child." He almost felt her shoulder twitch, her silence proving she wanted him to explain. 

"What?"

           "You have an even curvier body that I can look at whenever I want to."

The day ended up with Lux propping his injured leg on a pillow and sleeping on the couch.