Part 1

Chloe slowly got up from the bed. Although she felt much better than the previous few days, she was still a bit weak. But, at least, the color was returning to her face. She took off her bright blue pajamas and quickly put on her jeans and white t-shirt. With one swift move she tied her long hair in low pony tail. The clock on the wall showed that it was already half past ten and Chloe felt her stomach growl from hunger.

"You are finally up!" she heard familiar shriek behind her back as she made her way to the kitchen.

"Charlotte?" Chloe frowned, turning around to face her sister, trying to remember what she was doing in Chloe's flat. Her mind was not cooperating. Instead of clear memories, all she got was fog.

"I came two days ago. You said I can stay" Charlotte answered unspoken question as if reading Chloe's mind. "I am so glad you are awake, it was so boring being here all by myself!" her younger sister was already complaining.

"Lottie..... I was sick with flu!" Chloe replied especially emphasizing the last three words. Suddenly, the moment her sister showed up at her door, with bag in each hand asking for a place to stay, appeared in her mind clearly. Unexpected visits were very typical of Charlotte. Every time she would have an argument with her boyfriend, she would move out in a dramatical fashion and come to Chloe. The fact that Charlotte owned the flat she and her boyfriend lived in, did not make any difference. "I like leaving" Charlotte once admitted. Her voluntary exiles would last couple of days after which she would return to her home, as if nothing significant happened.

"What happened this time?" Chloe asked as she sipped a glass of orange juice. Vitamin C was always a good choice.

Charlotte sat down across her, pulled her long blond hair behind her ear and Chloe was reminded of how physically different they both were. With her light complexion and blond hair, Charlotte looked like their mother, while dark haired Chloe was the spitting image of their Mediterranean grandmother. Growing up, it was always difficult to convince other people that they were siblings.

"I am really done with him this time!" Charlotte said and Chloe saw tears building in her eyes. "I know I said that before, but this time I really mean it" her voice was beginning to shake. "He will never leave his wife!"

"Wife???" Chloe almost spit out the juice from her mouth. "He is married? You never mentioned that!" Out of all the irresponsible things her sister did, getting involved with the married man was the worst.

"I didn't even know until two weeks ago!" Charlotte stood up defending herself. Her bright red face showed embarrassment. "And then he said that they were divorcing and that I just need to wait for us to be together. And... and... he is just playing with me, Chloe!"

"Oh Charlotte! Of course he is playing you!"

Charlotte started sobbing and Chloe approached and hugged her sister. "Good thing that you left him. Stay here as long as you need." Chloe's heart clenched. Her sister was a magnet for the wrong guys, ever since they were teenagers and made their first steps in the dating world. First there was Adam, the basketball player who cheated on her so many times that they could not even count. Then there was Pete, who turned out to be gay, and then Jason who managed to convince Charlotte that she is ugly, fat and unlovable. It took more than a year for Charlotte to recover her self confidence after just couple of months with Jason. Chloe silently sighted saying a small prayer that her sister finally finds her happiness.

When Charlotte finally stopped crying, Chloe moved away and went back to the kitchen to make a sandwich. "Before we continue talking about your situation, I need to grab something to eat. I can't think or give advice hungry!" she giggled trying to lighten up the situation. "If I did not die from the flu, I will not die from hunger either!"

"Why are you always so nice to me?"

"It's silly to say that. That's what sisters are for" Chloe smiled. "And I am NOT that nice. If you go back to Samuel....." she pointed her finger towards her sister not finishing the sentence.

"You are too good to me" Charlotte repeated.

"You know what?" she exclaimed suddenly, excitedly, and disappeared to the hallway coming back with a small envelope. "Samuel bought me this weekend spa. I wanted to throw it away, but why? You can use it! It's a small thank you from me and Samuel is paying!" she smiled contently handing the envelope to Chloe with a twinkle in her eye.

"Spa? That is generous? Are you sure?" Chloe took the envelope and opened it. Bright yellow paper carried the name of one of the most luxurious hotels in London. "Are you sure? Maybe you should return it to Samuel? This is quite pricey!" she handed the envelope back to her sister.

"He already paid for it, so don't worry. And, trust me, he can afford it!" Charlotte waved her head and took sip of the orange juice. "Let's toast to your spa weekend! And then I will cry some more!"

Chloe hugged her sister. "You are very generous Lottie! Very generous!"

...............

„With love, Ch." Sloane read the white card for the tenth time.

„With love..." he repeated at loud, mockingly, crumbling the paper and throwing it into the garbage bin with impeccable precision. He stood up and started nervously pacing across the room. As president of one of the fastest growing hotel chains, Sloane dealt with stress and hard to solve problems every day. But today was different: Samuel had really done it this time, leaving paper trails of his affair where anyone could find it.

Weak, barely audible, knock on the door interrupted Sloan and he turned around to open the door. "Yes?" he asked angrily, immediately feeling sorry after realizing that his 4-year old nephew was standing on the other side, clutching is toy truck. He softened. "What are you doing here?" her knelt taking the child in his arms.

"Surprise!" the child squeaked with delight, wiggling in his arms.

"Yes, surprise!" Sloane heard the familiar female voice coming down the corridor. He stepped outside the room to greet his sister-in-law. "We thought you could use some company. And some sweets. Phillip picked them!" Diane James hugged Sloan giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I picked them!" boy repeated, still in Sloan's arms, his little hands wrapped tightly around Sloan's neck. Sloan adored the child, Philip was the joy of the whole family ever since he was born.

Enjoying the moment of tenderness, Sloan could feel the anger rising in him again.Samuel was about to ruin this family. And what for? A little bit of sex on the side? No, no, no, Sloan was not going to allow it. He will make sure that the Samuel's story with Ch. is finished once and for all.