Part 3

It was almost 7 PM when Chloe left her room and headed for the restaurant on the 15th floor. After a day of complete relaxation she felt light as a feather and satisfied that the green dress she brought with her fit her perfectly. She looked at the mirror in the hallway: yes, her dress was clinging to her body like a second skin, but she really should not have skipped that hair appointment. She took in a deep breath and allowed her fingers to try and fix the unruly dark tresses. The more she tried, the worse it got and she gave up quickly not wanting to get frustrated.

She pushed the round elevator button and waited for the doors to open. "Good evening" she greeted the unknown man as she stepped in. He nodded in response, looking directly at her and she smiled. He was tall with thick, black hair and tired looking face. The elevator screen showed that they were both going to the same floor. Dinner for both of them, she thought and wondered whether someone was waiting for him on the 15th. Although tired, he was quite good looking and men like him did not dine alone, she concluded.

Another opening of the elevator doors interrupted Chloe's thoughts and she took a step forward exiting into a long, discreetly lit hallway that led up to the restaurant. She could feel the man's eyes on her and she quickened her step suddenly feeling nervous.

"Good evening. I would need a table for one" Chloe said as soon as she approached the hostess at the entrance.

"Do you have a reservation?" young woman asked from behind the tall desk

"Oh... I don't. This is my first time here and I..." she started talking, but the women politely stopped her in the middle of the sentence.

"We are full tonight, but I can recommend you a very nice restaurant 5 minutes from here" the woman pulled out a small card.

But Chloe was really looking forward to the night. She could feel the eyes of the man from the elevator on her and she tried again. "It's just me and maybe you can find that just one small table somewhere in the back?"

"I am sorry, but, as I already said, we are truly booked..."

"Alicia, she is with me" the unknown man approached and nodded to the hostess, then pointed Chloe to the entrance touching her arm gently.

Surprised by the sudden events, Chloe did not move for couple of seconds. Should she follow this unknown man? She looked at him and opened her mouth to reject the invitation, but he was quicker. "I don't bite" he said and she had to laugh.

"I'm sure you don't" she replied following him through the glass entrance doors. The elegant space was filled with people's soft chatter and laughter. As they made their way to the empty table, Chloe had to say her thanks. "Thank you. I don't know why you did it, but thank you."

He turned around to look at her; raising his eyebrow in surprise "You don't know why I did it?" his eyes looked mischievous. "How else could I get a beautiful woman like you to keep me company tonight?"

.........

"So Miss Grey is enjoying her free hair treatment", Sloan rolled his eyes looking at the booking note on the reception's computer. Maybe that was for the best. He was tired and hungry and this sudden, additional one hour of free time was what he needed. He looked at his watch and decided to go for a quick dinner.

He was deep in his thoughts when the doors of the elevator opened on one of the floors and tall women came in. He managed to catch the fine lines of her face before she turned her back to him. The green dress she wore fit her perfectly and Sloan felt his interest rise. Her hair was dark and thick and Sloan wished she would turn around again. But she did not and the elevator quickly reached the destination. He should have installed some slower machines; he thought to himself and laughed softly. There's got to be some other way to get to this woman.

He did not have to wait too long.

"Alicia, she is with me" he heard himself saying to the hostess. She returned the look of surprise, but Sloan just ignored it. After all, he did have a whole hour to himself and why not spend it with a beautiful woman. He could use some company, if only for a short time.

"I don't bite" he almost winked at the woman who smiled. She had a beautiful smile. Her lips were thin, and when she smiled, her face radiated.

"I'm sure you don't" she replied following him through the glass entrance doors. "Thank you. I don't know why you did it, but thank you."

He turned around to look at her; raising his eyebrow in surprise "You don't know why I did it? How else could I get a beautiful woman like you to keep me company tonight?"