Chapter One: You can only help yourselves

I have been currently writing Luke Smith Adventures but I miss Sarah Jane Smith and after watching the video attached I want to write about Sarah Jane and Luke! This video is very heartwarming. I will upload this and Luke Smith Adventures as I am determined to keep both going. I always felt the journey ended too soon for Luke. He came back into a few times but yet always felt like a lot more could of gone on with his character along with Sarah Jane so this is set after series 3 and Luke doesn't go to university early but the Nightmare man is going to be in this but I am taking a slightly different approach! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I do writing it! :)

///////////////

Luke's POV

I always had trouble understanding why Clyde got over excited about playing football with his other friends. Yet over time I have got use to knowing he enjoys it and you support your friend through whatever and on rare occasion I have got a bit better at it. 

I still remember only a few months back the Rakweed plant and nearly dying. I had never felt ill like that before I am sure I would rather not feel like that ever again.

"Luke you in here!" mum calls walking into the living room to find me lying out on the coach TV on, book in hand still in my uniform apart from my tie which is on the floor.

"Are you reading and watching the TV again Luke?"

"Yeah sorry mum," I say getting up to sit properly. "So how did it go?" I ask her looking forward to some exciting information.

She sits down beside me and flicks the TV off with the remote before putting her full attention on me. "Its worse then I first thought," she says softly.

"What happened?" I ask her quickly.

"Your growing up too quickly," she says looking at me as she moves my hair out my eyes and brings me into an embrace.

"Mum don't dodge the question," I say softly but enjoying the embrace all the same.

"I came across this," she says putting her hand into her bag and pulling out a small crystallized rock.

"Wait mum is that...it can't be right?"

"That is what I am unsure of but if it is would getting Mr Smith to scan it be a good idea?" she asks me.

"Well Mr Smith has a new purpose. He has had the new one for quite a while now," I say to her.

"That has not stopped Mr Smith for turning against us in the past, Luke. I think its too much of a risk," she says to me.

"Mum that was a one time thing. I can understand why you are worried," I continue.

"Luke you are all I have. When the Rakweed...I really thought I might have lost you. I hate risks that can cause a lot of trouble or cause a lot of pain. I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you," she says softly to me.

"Mum you can't always worry about me. I love you and I worry about you so much too but this is always what we have done. Its all we know. Doing it together has always been better then on our own. I tried that with Mona Lisa...," I trial off.

"Hey we all make mistakes. Its part of being human," she says suddenly looking down at the tie on the floor by her foot.

"Sorry," I mouth as I pick it up.

"Where is Rani and Clyde?" she questions.

"Clyde is playing football and Rani is helping her mum at the flower shop," I tell her.