Chapter Four: I can't tell them

Luke's POV

My walk to school was a quiet one. Rani is ill. She came back home just to suffer with a sickness bug so she won't be in school for a couple days.

I sigh as I arrive outside Park Vale. I need to speak to Clyde like mum suggested but I can't help but worry about what might happen when we do talk. I was hoping if Rani be around she be able to sort of help us both talk but now she isn't here I might avoid talking to him all together to avoid my social problems again.

Trying to avoid Clyde is impossible. I arrive at first lesson to find him over by the corner with Ray. I sigh taking the first seat at the front of the class. This is probably where I belong anyway.

"Good morning class. Does anyone want to help us in understanding exactly how we would go about answering this question?" she asks pointing to the question on the board.

I put up my hand. "Luke," she smiles at me.

"Well you got the question in the exam you would first give a brief explanation on what cloning is. Cloning is a process by which a single cells of an animal or plant are used to create another part or whole of the same species with the exactly same form of a parent. Move on to religious views as well as scientific and ethnic views. Also you make sure to cover that it holds out hope for people to maybe find a cure for genetic illness like Huntington's disease. You need to cover arguments for and against using examples to back up the argument. Then have a conclusion when you sum it all up," I say.

"Geek!" someone says from behind me.

I ignore him. "Enough of that and that exactly right Luke. If you all worked as hard as Luke you wouldn't all be struggling," the teacher says smiling at me.

"None of us have a geek brain like him," a girl said this time.

Seems like everyone wants to pick on me at the moment. These are the moments when I wish I was normal and not genius like I am. Might of been able to keep my best friend if I wasn't so smart.

"Next person to speak out of turn will be having detention tonight."

The rest of the class went by quickly having to answer the question on the board. As the bell went I got up first and handed in my book. "I bet it be brilliant," she says.

I smile before I leave the classroom. I should of been heading towards English next but I ended up going to the boys toilets and locking myself in one of the cubicles.

I am a coward. I can't even bring myself to speak to Clyde. Meant to be the perfect human, yeah right!

I feel suddenly extremely tired. I went to get up off the toilet seat that I had put down so I could seat down but suddenly everything seemed a lot darker and the cubicle door creaks open.

"Hello Luke," says a man with a red balloon which pops as he faces me a white face, shadows around his eyes, black suit with a red flower pinned to his left shoulder his smirk very much at me.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the nightmare man. You belong to me," he laughs.

"What you doing here? You're in the real world?" I say as he steps back and lets me leave the cubicle but shaking his head and making me look back around to see myself slumped on the toilet my head against the cubicle.

"I've got to wake up," I say quickly.

"Your dreams are giving me such power over you, Luke. You can't say my name. You can't tell anyone about me. I'm in your head Luke," he says as he points to my head before taps me on the nose, "Your fear is delicious!"