Fun World

The Curry family and Angela arrive at Fun World for a day of amusement and games mostly for younger kids, however, there are games for all ages like bowling, trampoline basketball, and lazer tag. The Currys reserved a party room and were allowed to arrive an hour before the building opened to the public. As the group made their way into the building, the staff were all smiley and very friendly. Most of the staff easily recognized Steph, his brother Seth, and their father who had played basketball professionally; some even asked for autographs and pictures.

After those three finished taking pictures with the staff and having small talk, the group got settled into their reserved party room. The walls were painted aqua blue and sports stickers were plastered along them. The room also included two long tables which seated 10 people each, a microwave, and a banner on the back wall which read 'Welcome, Steph Curry and Family!'. 

"So, what are we gonna do first?" Mr. Curry asks.

"I wanna do lazer tag before all the other people come," Seth replies.

"Oh, yeah!" Sydel cheerfully agrees.

"What about you, mama?" Mr. Curry asks his wife.

Mrs. Curry hugs Riley who is bouncing on her lap and replies, "I'll pass. I'm gonna keep Ayesha and the babies company."

"I want jungle gym, mommy!" Riley whines.

Ayesha nods her head, looking stressed, as she takes care of baby Ryan in her carrier. "I hear you, Riley."

Standing beside his wife, Steph leans over to kiss baby Ryan's forehead and she gives him a smile. Walking around his wife, he tickles Riley and kisses her forehead as well before adding, "Riley, listen to mommy, okay? Don't cause any trouble today."

Riley flashes a nervous smile. "Okay."

Mr. Curry's heavy voice fills the room once more. "Uh, Angela, are you gonna join us in lazer tag?"

Angela nods with a smile and replies, "Yeah. It should be fun."

Everyone stands up, preparing to leave the room. Mr. Curry rubs his hands together, looking from his children to Ayesha's parents.

"Great. Well, maybe we can play old school versus new school: Me and Ayesha's parents against Steph, Sydel, Seth, and Angela. How's that sound?"

"Sounds like you're gonna get a butt whooping," Sydel says, while poking her dad in the arm.

Everyone chuckles.

"New school's gonna win, pops. Get ready to lose!" Seth says with a grin.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. A little less talking; actions speak louder than words," Mr. Curry states. "Let's go!"

                                                                                                *

In the lazer tag room, everyone put on their gear and marched to their respective sides. Sydel had suggested that her and Angela take the right side while Steph and Seth take the left side. As the game started, Angela followed behind Sydel; they hid behind walls, stooped behind platforms, and crawled to the other team's "home". They revealed themselves and started shooting into the other team's bucket. As their amo ran out, they ran back to their team's home and recharged their lazer guns. They repeated this process for about 45 minutes, then it was game over. 

They made their way out of the lazer tag room and to the lazer tag stats center to see their team and individual scores. With no surprise, team new school beat team old school 145 to 63. Sydel was the most enthusiastic, beating on her chest and jumping up and down while yelling "In your face!" to the old school team. Everyone started laughing at her fanatical behavior. She gave her team high fives as they huddled, patting each other on the backs. Angela was quite surprised at Sydel's enthusiasm since she'd been pretty laid-back the other day, but she didn't judge. It was all out of fun anyway. Sydel then began reading individual stats for each player. The MVP - the player with the most hits to the other team - was Steph. He pat his chest and put the number one in the air, walking towards the other team.