The Cave: Chapter 5

Whats in there?

I am being carried through the entrance of the cave, into the darkness. I feel the icy wind, making it hard to breathe as it enters my lungs, freezing them. The smell of corpses fill my nostrils again, and i flash back to the plane...before the crash.
"The captain has turned the seatbelt sign off, but we advise you keep them on when seated, in case of unexpected turbulance, thank you"
Row 52 A, window seat. Im at the back of the plane, watching SpongeBob on the little monitor. Then the plane jerks and people who havent fastened their seatbelts go flying. Another jolt, and I hit my head on the window. 'What the hell is happening?' One jolt after another people are sliding around the floor of the plane, at one point a baby fell into my arms...A worried flight attendant puts over an announcement.
"We are experiencing some turbulence, please stay calm. If there are any injuries please make your way to the front of the plane. There are oxygen masks in the overhead lockers, if needed you have full access."
The plane starts to dip downwards, people are jumping out of the door of the plane. Others are being sucked out of the open door, falling to the ground like birds who cant fly. I brace myself...blackout.

I am inside the cave now. I see nothing. Its like I have lost my sight, like i have gone blind. I can hear the screams of the boy. I can smell the corpses. I can taste my own hair and i can feel the skin of the prod. The only thing i cant do is see. My surroundings are as black as coal, the walls of the cave as rough as an elephants back.

I see a distant light, getting closer and closer every second. All of a sudden i am engulfed by a white light, burning my eyes for a split second. When I regain my sight, I notice I am in a gigantic ice dome. I see light fragments piercing through the ice, but not melting it. I see prods lining the walls, standing in a sort of hallway that wraps around. To my right I see a young child, dark red, nearly black blood covering one of her eyes. A bone sticks out from her back. Even though she is dead, she is beautiful. She reminds me of my younger sister, three or four years of age. To my right I see a woman in her twenty's. Platinum blonde hair mixed with the same colour of red-black blood as the child. She looks like she had just come out of a painting. Perfect. Dead as the dinosaurs, but perfect.

I wonder what I'm going to find here, if I'm even going to stay alive...
I guess it's time to find out.