Carry On, Moby

This is a oneshot thing I wrote for Power of the Pen practice. The universe thing is from Beautiful Creatures, (a book), and is not mine. 

Enjoy!

~*~

Dear Reader,

The door stands right in front of me, urging me to reveal the truth, which is this: I have poked a hole in the sky, and the universe has fallen on top of me. As I sit here, writing on this torn piece of notebook paper, smack dab in the middle of some room somewhere, I realize that this is exactly what has happened. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, and everything went wrong when I least wanted it to go wrong, if that makes any sense. I’ve been telling myself the same thing for minutes now, carry on, Moby, it’ll be alright. Don’t you worry. All I can think back is, no it won’t be. Anyway, I am in this mess and have no idea what to do. I’m not asking for help, but you couldn’t help since you don’t know the situation I’m in or exactly who I am. Besides, details are irrelevant. 

What am I doing? I’m sitting here, writing who knows what to who knows who. I have no idea where I’m going with this, if you’re curious, and I suggest that you should stop reading right now because I can assure you could be doing something better at this  moment. Anything is better than listening to me complain about my life. Believe me, I would know. 

I know this sounds very dramatic, but my fate lies behind that door. Whatever decision they make in that room could change my future completely, and let me tell you something, it scares me to death. Literally, I think the tension might just kill me. Anticipation runs through me like a car runs through a red light. 

This door and I have become very acquainted, for I have been sitting her alone for the past two hours, with only this notebook and the door to keep me company. The notebook became boring easily, so I have to turn to the next best thing: this door. It is pretty plain, for a door. Dark wood, with a brass knob, and very heavy to open, is how I would describe it. I would also say it is the most intimidating door I have ever seen. 

When are they going to finish? Mom and Dad have been in their for quite some time, and though you already know, I’m getting quite antsy. But, oh. Do I here footsteps? Suddenly the door opens, very quickly for its heaviness. Mom comes in with tears in her eyes. I think they’re tears of joy.

“They chose me, honey. They chose me.” Mom says, pulling me into a hug. Good, I think, that is exactly what I wanted. 

Yours truly,

Moby Dodson

Leaver of Random Letters in Court Houses

~*~

Thanks for reading!