Chapter 4

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Jamaal thought to himself.

His original plan was to simply take the injured girl up to his bedroom. Only now he realizes the problem with that. His sisters were inside, probably in the kitchen or something.

Now he and Ashlava'na were outside the back door to his house.

Jamaal peeked through the glass window next to the door and could see his sisters were in deed cleaning in the kitchen. Front door it is than.

He turned to the girl and signaled for her to follow him. . . In response she just stared blankly at him.

Smacking his forehead he grabbed her hand and pulled her along. "Follow me."

The two of them made their way to the front of the house and Jamaal opened the front door slowly. The kitchen couldn't be seen at this vantage point, given the stairs and wall in front of him. But that also means his sisters can't see him either.

Grabbing the girl's hand again, he led her to the stairway and slowly inched up the stairs

Grabbing the girl's hand again, he led her to the stairway and slowly inched up the stairs. He cringed each time the floorboards creaked.

Ashlava'na, on the other hand, was pretty relaxed. With every portrait or painting they on the wall, she slowed down to look at them curiously, forcing Jamaal to tug her along.

"Come on, focus. If they see you they'll tell my parents."

She, however, wasn't really listening. Instead she was looking up and around the halls, interested in every little thing she saw.

Jamaal's room was on the third floor of the three-story, six bedroom house. Once they reached his floor, he went to his door and opened it, waving the girl inside.

• • • •

Ashlava'na looked at the boy then stepped into the room he was waving her into.

The room was relatively small and pretty simple. Two windows let the sunlight into the room, a ceiling fan spun slowly above to get a breeze into the warm room. The bed was undone, but looked comfortable if she were to assume based on looks alone.