Chapter 5

Jamaal didn't return home till the sun was just beginning to set. His friends dragged him all over LA to numerous stores, and at each one the girls took the longest time to finish up. He should be used to that by now, really.

Luckily, his parents were still out when he got there and his sisters were in their rooms. So, he crept up the stairs quietly and went to his room.

God I hope she stayed there like I told her...

Sure enough, when he opened his bedroom door Ashlava'na was sitting in the exact same spot as when he left. Cross-legged with the snow globe in her hands still.

"Ashla, I am so sorry I left you here for so long. I kept losing track of time and before I knew it four hours turned into seven."

She looked at him. "Ashla?"

"... Oh, yeah, sorry. It's just hard to say Ashlava'na all the time. Hope you don't mind."

Giving a small nod she stayed quiet.

"So, uh, anything you need? Food? Something to drink?"

She shook her head, then looked as if she was going to say something but stayed silent.

"What is it? Ask me anything."

Ashla looked up and pointed at the bathroom door. "I think I am in need of cleaning."

Jamaal looked confused for moment but then realization set in. "O-Oh, well, uh, I guess you can use my shower..."

"Thank you, Jamaal." She got up and went to the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

Not a minute later did she call his name. "Jamaal? I need assistance."

He sighed and went to the bathroom door. "Are you decent?"

"... If you mean am I naked, no I am not."

With a sigh of relief, he opened the door. "Okay, what is it?"

Ashla pointed at the bath tub. "How does this thing work?"

He walked over and sat on the edge of the tub. "Well, you turn this to the right for cold water and to the left for hot." He showed her what he meant. "See? Then just pull this and the water comes out from up there." He pulled the stopper up and the shower head turned on.

"Oh, thank you very much, Jamaal." She smiled and started to strip again.

"Woah, let me leave first." Jamaal said hurriedly and left the room before she could fully take off the t-shirt.

• • • •

Ashla pulled the shirt over her head and tossed it aside. She then stepped into the 'tub' and cautiously touched the water. Satisfied that it was at a good temperature, she moved underneath it, letting the warm water cascade down her body.

They had something like this on her Homeworld, only it seemed much simpler to use. One merely has to press a button or two to get the shower started without much else.

She took this time to look at the cuts she received earlier that day. They were still pretty red, but the bleeding did stop. All she had to do was keep the wounds clean and she'll be home free.