To My Princess, Whom I Love

You seem to notice everything about me, yet nothing at all. For so many years I have worked to keep my emotions below the surface. The skill developed into a natural reflex, but somehow my walls were impervious to your effect. How do you make me feel as if I've been punched in the gut with nothing more than your smile? What spell have you cast, that my eyes would follow you without my command?

Because of this retched fluttering in my stomach, I seem to be unable quench my thirst for your presence. I am questioning myself repeatedly as to why such thoughts would enter my mind. I find every expression you make adorable. Your angry pout only makes me want to tease you more. When I see that smile of yours it illuminates the room, but when I look to see it directed at me--you are the only sun I see.

Listen to what you've done to me! Who would have thought such empathetic mush would be my own thoughts; me, The Lightning Beast of Kouka! 

As I look back on the growth you have achieved, Princess, the pride I hold for you swells in my chest. It is my greatest wish for every nation to see your blaze; for every person to witness your love and compassion; that any enemy that dared would see the fierce inferno in your gaze before even thinking to attack.All you seem to rouse in me are forbidden thoughts. These emotions should not be allowed, for I swore to King Il that I would protect you from harm--not wish to see you overcome it. 

But that was before that bastard's betrayal. I would have been content to see the two of you rule this kingdom together. Now the only thing I am content to do is cut him down! The thought of every fond memory, each smile he'd ever shown, the ideals he preached that rallied me to follow him, it all drenches the fire of my rage in buckets of oil! Each time I capture a glimpse of the pain within you, I can hardly control myself from screaming with hatred. 

Yona, no matter what arises to challenge us, I will always be at your side. As your friend and protector, I will care for both your heart and well-being.

I love you, my Princess Yona of the Dawn.

-Hak