Chapter twelve: Sonic

(Sonic's POV)
I was trying to sleep on the way their but I was afraid. I didn't know what would happen or how they would react to me. I always acted like this.

I was always on alert so I wouldn't get hurt. It kept me alive but not COMPLETELY safe. Alive but not safe.

I looked at Shadow to see him so focused in flying home, at least he has a home. I wonder what happened to my family? Are they still alive or did they die?

I closed my eyes, feeling another gust of wind. I didn't tell shadow that I was cold. He looked like he longed to go home and I feel like I'm just extra baggage.

I closed my eyes, wondering. Why is he so nice to me?! I'm a slave, he's a prince!!!

It won't work! I'm not supposed to be happy, it's my fault! My fault there fine, my fault I'm a slave and my fault that I should've died!!!

I sighed, but felt a big gust of wind. I was now freezing but tried not to show it. I was lightly shaken.

I heard Shadows voice,"Sonic? Can you wake up, please?" I moaned, making it seem like I was asleep the whole time.

I opened my eyes and before I could think, the words slipped out of my mouth. "I-I'm c-c-cold." He sighed, "it's okay.

"We're here." I smiled lightly and he smiled back. He turned to face straight and continued to walk.

I curled, or tried to. It's nearly impossible to when you're wrapped in 14 blankets. I shivered, feeling him stop.

I heard him speak, but I don't know what. He soon continued to walk, I heard a sound like gate opening. He continued to walk, hearing two other gates and doors opened.

Heat instantly appeared and I shivered, feeling the heat travel through me. I felt him stop and some one ask, "Shadow. Who's your friend?"