Chapter 6

[A/N: Darren's school. Ignore the name tho :P Use your imagination, and look at the picture as if it was written as Wilson Middle School ^-^ ]

Darren

"Oh my god, and you wouldn't believe the amount of people who almost pissed their pants that day. It was hilarious!"

I smiled as Scarlett let out her usual breathy laugh which was very contagious. But in my case, I rarely had time to even smile, laughing was totally out of the question.

"Maybe, if they come to perform here next time, we can go together", I said. God, why did I say that? I just made myself sound more desperate than I already am. 

"Sure, it'll be much more fun that way", she said smiling.

I smiled back, not expecting such a positive reaction from her, but hey, it's Scarlett, she's always positive. We walked to class, both of us having Math at the same time. Scarlett groaned when she received a paper full of mathematical equations. I only watched her from beside me, and smiled at how cute she was with her eyebrows furrowed and her tongue poking out, trying to solve the first equation. I could already feel the stares from the other guys in class, but I didn't mind, because it was me who was sitting with her. Not them. 

"Say, do you have any idea how to solve quadratics?", she asked.

I nodded and handed her my paper of the already finished equations making her mouth fall open.

"Holy-how on earth did you finish that so fast?!", she exclaimed.

"Um, well, I don't know. They aren't that hard. It's kind of like solving two plus three"

"Oh trust me, Ren, this is way harder than just two plus three", Scarlett sighed.

My heart fluttered upon hearing my nickname roll off her tongue.

"It's simple, here let me teach you"

Scarlett rested her chin on her palm and watched as I explained everything to her. Our close proximity made me almost want to pass out but I kept my cool and focused on the equation instead. Fainting is no way to impress a girl.

Scarlett

Okay, okay. Darren is officially a mathematician. I couldn't comprehend anything that was happening. His pencil was just moving so swiftly over the paper, numbers after symbols, I haven't even seen a teacher being this quick before. This made him even more perfect. We were really close right now, arms brushing, our heads only centimetres apart. That was mostly why I couldn't concentrate. I could get the scent of his coconut shampoo that came from his silky hair. What I would do to run my hands through his hair. His cologne was spot on. It was a really expensive one from what I could smell, and it smelt divine. If only I could smell like that. My eyes averted from the paper and to his face. He had a very prominent jawline for a fourteen year old. His cheekbones were protruding which made him look even more attractive. His long lashes were curled upwards, and they were sure to touch the top of his cheeks if he were to shut his eye lids. I stared into his eyes a little. From the side, it was even more beautiful. His emerald green eyes glistened from a little moisture. His eyes were even more beautiful than any girls'. Then I moved to his lips. They were lush, pink and beautiful. Darren would do so well as a model. He was attractive, really, really attractive, but he didn't know it. Did he get his looks from his mum or dad? Oh that's right, I'm ought to find out tomorrow.

"So the rule is both the sides have to be divided by and added to 2, so if we were to take this as an example, then-Scarlett, is everything alright?", he asked.

I jumped slightly, knocking our heads in the process. I winced and held my forehead as Darren did the same.

"I'm so sorry, that was an accident", I apologised.