GLOOMY

"Jimmy! Jimmy!!" He called silently with a startled voice.

The gloomy room has taken an unusual shape.
The light has gone of; Even if he turned on the switch,No light.
The atmosphere is as silence as the cemetery.
The fan, suddenly twisted like a liquid pouring out on a funnel.
The clothe in the wardrobe had become like a man standing without feet.
Oh The pictures;the people are no more. He can see them moving.

"Kic kic" The door opened slightly

All he could hear was the sound of crickets all over the room.

Leo,a 10years old boy was scared. He stretched his hand across the bed he laid on, so as to feel the presence of Jimmy,while he squeezed his eyes tightly.

"Jimmy,are you there?" No respond,neither was he able to reach him.
"Bang!" A sound coming from the sitting room. He tightened his eyes the more.

"MUM! DAD!" he suddenly screamed and pee.
"Mum and dad are not coming home until morning " he remembered they had gone out for a vigil.
"But where is jimmy?" He thought.

He grabbed the wrapper with him and covered his face until no light could penetrate.
"I'm pressed" he said to him self.
"I can find my way to the toilet with my eyes closed" so he thought.
He stood up,totally wrapped with the wrapper. He began to walk slowly like a maggot in a tree.

"Auch!" He kicked the wooden table,yet, never stopped moving. He continued as he cried silently.
"Mum! Dad! Jimmy!"

"Mum dropped the lantern on the table in the sitting room before they left last night" it occurred to him.

He entered the sitting room,searching for the table with his hands and legs.

"Auch!" He kicked his leg again.
"Yeah i found it"

As he moved his hand across the table,he hit the lantern with his hand.
"Great" he grabbed it.
"Wait! Where is the lighter?" He began another adventure,as he walked towards the kitchen.

He opened the kitchen door. As,he stepped his foot on the kitchen floor,he slipped and hit his head on the kitchen table. "AUCH!" He was lucky it wasn't on the floor.
Right there on the floor,he felt the gummy fluid on his palm.

"Feels like blood" he thought. he cried silently as if he was trying not to wake the enemy. He was wet,tacky and his wrapper had fallen on the floor.

"Bang!" He heard the sound from the sitting room. No where to run to. No light,No mum,no dad, no jimmy.

"Is this the end?" He thought. There,he was,he remembered mum use to keep the lighter on the table after preparing his sandwich.
He placed his hand on the table,opened the first drawer,felt his hand around it, No lighter. Opened the second,No lighter. Opened the third,deep his hand in it and felt the coldness of the long metal. He grabbed it,brought it out, he lit it.
"Finally i can open my eyes"

"Woom!" A human shadow like figure accompanied with wind, swept through the wall. Light goes off.
Leo fell back to the table as the lighter fell off his hand.

"Mummy! Daddy! Jimmy!" He cried silently.
He placed his hand on the gooey floor, searching for the lighter; you could hear his heart beat,beating fast "Gbum Gbum"

He found it after a while. Now scarred to turn it on. He placed his hand on the lighter knob,light came up,but was too scared to keep it on; He released the lighter knob.

in a second,He lit it again. Then he was shaky,he stood up and walked slowly like a scared child in an horror movie.
He opened the door. Walked gently to the sitting room,grabbed the lantern and lit it.

"BOOM!" thunder blast. Jimmy burst out of no where; Leo startled and slippped. "MUMMY!" He screamed.....

Light out!

What next?......

"There's always a dark path in life; but what you do in that gloomy time,is what matters"

Most believers are like Leo. When they are in the dark path of life,when their usual becomes an unusual,they run to people instead of God.

They gets so scared that even the slightest sound defeats them.

They get so frightened that they cannot recognise help when it comes..

You do not need your friends or family resources to light up your world; God is your Light,even in the dark.

"God is the lamp to your path and the light to your feet; If you have God,you need no lighter for the journey of life "

"For God has not given you the spirit of fear,but of Love,Power and Sound Mind"

Marvelous Ejiro