ℳ☺ґᾔїηℊṧ

❖ Mornings ❖

Running, I aimed my arrow behind me, and let go. The arrow flung in the air, hitting something. I closed my eyes and ran gasping, and--

Ring, ring, ring!

I slammed my palm into my stupid alarm clock. Great. Morning. I drowsily sat up and changed into my clothes. I looked at all the mirrors in my room. I grabbed a oval mirror and smashed it into pieces.

Sometimes, I really hated life with my grandparents. They gave me ugly rich purple and dull pink walls. It looked like monkeys had thrown up all over the walls.

And then they gave me all those mirrors. Doesn't a girl only need a single, small, mirror?

Ever since my mom and dad died, I've been with my grandparents. 

I sighed, and turned on my laptop. Suddenly a chat popped up. It was Abbi Scott, my best friend. She has red, sunset hair, and freckles sprinkled over her face. I had brown chocolate hair that was sea wavy, and shone when light flashed on it.

Abbirox: Hey gurl!

CassIsAwesome: Wat up?

Abbirox: Nothing much. U want to go 2 the park 2gether?

CassIsAwesome: Sry, not 2day...

Abbirox: How bout 2morrow?

CassIsAwesome: Sure, I'll ask Mom.

Abbirox: GTG

CassIsAwesome: K, bye!

The screen said, Abbi Scott is offline.

I closed my laptop, and set out for breakfast. When I came into the kitchen, I looked to see what was cooking for breakfast.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Blueberry pancakes with milk!" My grandmother answered cheerfully. How could she be cheerful in mornings exactly? But true, blueberry pancakes were delicious -- with milk.

I sighed and grabbed a random plate--who cares which plate? (As long as it's a big piece.) And went back to the breakfast table.

As I saw, Grandma forgot to mention that there was more food other than blueberry pancakes and milk on the table.

I saw bacon, rolls, and butter too. Typical of grandmothers to never tell you anything.

I sat down taking a huge bite of my blueberry pancake. I tasted warm and damp pancake wheat--and then the more fluid and sweet maple syrup.

I finished eating by drinking my milk. 

"Don't forget to take care of Valerie!"

I froze. Valerie is my little sister. She is more then a little annoying. Grandma handed me a dollar. Not worth it.

I ran back to my room, and sat down at my bed, thinkiing of what to do while Valerie was sleeping.

Since my stupid alarm clock woke me up, I couldn't go back to sleep. FML.  I opened my laptop and saw that Abbi was on-line.  

CassIsAwesome: Heya! Grandma said that we could go to the park today!

Abbirox: Awesome. Meet U there @ 3.

CassIsAwesome: K

The door sprang open. Valerie was there, her eyes full of mischief. Guess she woke up.

"I want you to listen to me sing If I Die Young!"

I groaned. If I ever mentioned to you, she sings horribly.  Valerie started to sing anyways. She started screeching and screaming at the top of her lungs, until Grandma came in. 

She actually clapped to the "lovely music" as she called it. I shook my head, and went out my bedroom to read a book. 

All this drama for a dollar.

_______________________________________________________________________________

3:00.

I  walked out the door heading to the park. I heard Abbi before I saw her. 

"Caaaassss!"

I turned my head toward her voice. Sure enough, Abbi was on the swing set waving to me.  I rolled my eyes and walked to her. 

"Hey! You going to go to the dance?" Abbi's eyes twinkled. I knew she was just teasing me. 

"You know I don't like dances!" I answered nudging her playfully. "But I'll watch." added. She gestured to the other swing and I sat on it.

"Fine with me." She smiled. We talked for a while, but finally she had to go. 

I went back to my house and sat down at my bed. What a day.