"Get Lost!"

The Beginning:

I stared intensely at my notebook, writing all the notes Ms. White had given. I was probably the only one actually paying attention but what can I say. I just really enjoy English. Suddenly there was a knock at the door causing Ms. White to stop abruptly. I peered over from my chair at the back of the class to see a boy being escorted by the principle.

"Ms. White, terribly sorry to interrupt your class but we have a new student." The principles boring voice matched his awful gray suit. He was quite an old man, gray hair turning white and age written clearly across his face by wrinkles.

I groaned at the sound of a new student and turned back to my notebook. The margins became my canvas as I doodled aimlessly. I faintly heard Ms. White and Mr. Wormwood exchange words in the front of the class until, Ms. White clapped her hands getting the class's attention.

I straightened up in my desk trying to show some respect. That's when my eyes found him. He stood tall, probably 6'0 or so, it was obvious he was loaded considering his shirt alone was fifty or sixty dollars, indicated by the fancy name tag. He wore straight leg jeans and vans with a gray beanie sat on top of his dark brown hair. Though all his features were striking, it was his eyes I couldn't stop staring at. They were the color of the Caribbean and that's no understatement. They looked over the classroom uninterested and I realized he was probably some stuck up kid who got kicked out of a private school. I frowned and he cocked his head. I realized he'd seen me and I ducked my head low.

"Class this is....um you're name sir?" Ms. White said trying to give a friendly smile to the unappreciative boy. I rolled my eyes and looked up again to find his eyes staring at me. "Derik." he said simply and ignoring Ms. White, pushed through the rows of seat and sat down in the one next to me. Great.