17

Eventually, Skylar walked out of the door. She saw a figure on the ground in her peripheral vision, so she turned to see who it was.

"Ethan?" He looked at her with pink, tired eyes. "Are you smoking weed on school grounds?"

He gave a tiny smile.

"You're gonna get in trouble!" She got on her knees to be level with him.

"That's part of the fun." He replied.

"Well, now I don't want you driving."

"It's okay. It's not like I'm drunk. I'm just more relaxed."

"Too relaxed to drive. I'm bringing us home." She reached out her hand.

He dabbed up her hand then let go, still not giving the keys. "Where'd that dickhead go?"

"Ethan, he left. And he's really not a dick."

He looked at her. "Did you forget what he did to you?"

"No. But you can forgive, just don't forget."

He looked away as they continued to walk to the car.

When they arrived home, he laid on her bed with an arm spread out and one hand resting on his chest. He just stared at the ceiling.

She observed him as she put her stuff down. Then, she sat next to him. "Why were you smoking weed?"

"Unfortunately, I go to it when I need to calm down. I used to do it a lot when I went through that huge anger phase with my divorcing parents."

She examined him. His dark ruffled hair, tired pink eyes, purple and red hand. He seemed so broken.

"Wanna try it some time?"

"Yeah." She replied.

"It feels like five years going by within five seconds."

"Like a kiss." She added.

"Yeah. Except, I wouldn't know what that's like."

"Oh, please! You've kissed many girls, Ethan Dolan."

"Yeah, but none of it felt real. It was just me messing around while my parents began to split. I thought it would help... But hey, I was never an actual fuckboy."

"Suuure." She teased.

"No, seriously." He put his hand behind his head. "I only did stuff with like three girls. Nothing compared to the guys."

"But wasn't there this big thing where you played that one girl?"

He spoke with his eyes closed. "Yeahhh. What a dick was I. Once again... The divorce thing. It really fucks you up. Makes you do shit that has you put other people through misery to make you feel better. But, not everyone is like that... That's just how me and Gray reacted to it." The broken boy said.