XIV.

Author's Note:
Hey whales, I'm back~Thanks for your patience, you guys are the best. Here's chapter nine, enjoy!
-Gayle the whale

Charlie's POV:
Soon, the seats were all filled and the college scouts came. We were going against the Bellewood Beavers, the top finalist in the state, and our rival school. The Beavers are cocky and filled with pride, thinking that they're better than everyone else. To win this game would mean to finally put those Beavers back into their place. GO TIGERS!

Terry, our school mascot, came out onto the field, followed the cheerleaders. They did a little dance to get everyone hyped up before the game started. Afterwards, the football team came running into the field, followed by an ear deafening applause. Dakota stood up and shouted as soon as she saw Darren, who immediately went over to the bleachers and pecked her on the cheek, earning a chorus of ooohhh's from the crowd.

Anger boiled up inside me as I clenched my fists. I bite my lip so hard that I can already taste the metallic blood. Calm down, Charlie.

All of a sudden, she leans in and kisses him. The crowd goes insanely wild and I just can't take it anymore. I can't. I can't bear to watch. I need to get out of here. I stand up and walk away.

Before long, Iris jogs up to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"I'm great." I say sarcastically. "Look, I'm just gonna get some air. I'll be fine. If Dakota asks, I went to the bathroom." She shoots me a piteous look before heading back to our seats.

I go to the parking lot and unlock my car. As soon as I'm inside, I let out a scream. Over and over again. A few heads turn my way but I couldn't care less about that. I'm furious. When my throat is worn out, I rest my head on the steering wheel and close my eyes.

I know I said that I wanted you to be happy, but I didn't realize how selfish I've become.

I can't help thinking that she should be with me, not with Darren, but with ME.

You aren't even mine, and yet, I'm so possessive of you.

I hate this side of me, but I can't help being this way.

I'm sorry, Dakota.
-
Dakota's POV:
It's already the second quarter and Charlie's not back yet. He only said he was going to the bathroom. Boys normally take less than fifteen seconds to pee. What's taking him so long?

"Where is he?" I asked Iris for the nth time.

Just as I was about to go look for him, he finally appears, with a soda in his hand.

"Hey, sorry I took so long. What'd I miss?" He asks as he takes a seat.

"Finally! Where were you? What took you so long?" Iris and I attacked him with questions.

"Whoa, whoa. Did you guys miss me that much?" He chuckles. "I did my business then I went to get a soda. I also stopped for a while to talk to a friend."

They throw me suspicious looks, but thankfully leave it at that and focus their attention back on the game. The score is currently 24-18, with the Beavers in the lead. There's only ten seconds left until halftime, and I watch as Dakota suddenly stood up and started cheering.