Chapter 7

"Well I don't want to put any preassure on you Kendall, but the clock is ticking. You see, the shelter your cat is in isn't a no-kill you know. If you can't prove yourself on time you queer little shit they'll put him up for adoption, then they'll give him a week at most for someone to come and if nobody does..."*she slid her finger across the neck*"well. do you think anybody would want that scrawny little thing?"

"Yeah, um. Thanks for the encouragement" I managed to reply sarcasically.

God. I hate her so much I knew she was probably messing with my head or something but I was still paranoid.

I mean I've had him since he was a kitten. A few years ago when I was living with my parents he was sat meowing for food and my dad just kept chasing him away. I felt bad for him though so every day I'd bring him out some left over ham (Yep he loved it back then aswell) and we clicked practically straight away and every day I would spend an hour or so outside playing with bits of old ribbon and wool with him and it was really great.

I eventually decided to call him russell. Yeah, after Russell Howard who was my favourite comedian back then (he still is now) basically I used to hate it at home and I felt depressed a lot and just re-watching good news on repeat for hours just seemed to make me feel so much happier. That's also what it felt like hanging out with my kitty cat :)

We go pretty far back.
I felt bad so I decided to pay him a quick visit before job hunting. We've never been apart for this long before.