Chapter 6

I couldn't get out of my head the conversation me and Tyler had last night, it had really made me think about my options right now.

I was sat in my shabby (but clean) apartment clutching onto a cup of cheap coffee. No milk, four sugars. I needed all the energy I could get today was finally the day Im going to try get a job. My parents, they were delighted. Well. At least my mum was anyway, my dad's reaction was just "it's about time"...Typical

I hadn't told my parents about what happened with my cat I knew exactly what they would do, they would probably just lecture me on how I should have listened to them and gotten a job earlier and given up on the musician side of things and then they would turn it into an entire life lesson and so on. It's what happens every time something happens or I ask for money etc.

I spent so long looking for places looking for job vacancies on my phone that I lost track of time.It was already 11:00 and all the shops would have opened by now, as you could imagine my half drunken black coffee with four sugars was pretty cold.

Gross.

I quickly built up the courage, closed my eyes, and downed the rest of it. I guess I hadn't stirred it very well before as there was a small pile of coffee drenched sugar stuck to the bottom of the cup, and the bits that escaped the mound scratched at the back of my throat with an un-satisfying grinding feeling, sending a cold shiver down my spine.

I threw on my favourite jacket, grabbed my keys and headed out of the apartment door in a fairly optimistic mood.

It didn't last too long though.

Just as I had walked out of the door my neighbour from upstairs (the one who called the authorities) was looking at me, grinning, she said to me "I see you don't have your guitar on you today had you given up the busking crap?"
To which I replied "yeah, for now anyway im getting a job to prove I can take care of myself and russell"

And she smirked at me.