2 - His voice was as pure as his eyes

It was a Tuesday. I woke up with the same feeling I always woke up with; tired with a little sense of loneliness. My dad was downstairs reading the newspaper, my sister was getting ready for school and my other sister was still in bed. At that time Megan was 14 and Tess was 11.    Tuesday ment that I needed to go to school on my own. My friend who always went with me had her first hour off, which I didn't. Tuesday also ment that my first hour was with the class I disliked the most, because I was all alone. Not for real of course, it was the biggest class I was in with 26 others, but no one liked me and I liked nobody.                                                                                    I think everyone with siblings can relate to the moment where you just want to punch each other but at the same time you kind of need each other. Megan always made my mornings a little better, even though she was a not-morning-person, if you know what I mean. We always talked about her friends, well ''talked'', it was more like gossiping. How Mia and her boyfriend were fighting again, they did that every week. Those little things helped me starting the day. 

My mornings didn't always start peaceful. I remember the first time I cut myself. At that time I didn't make a big deal out of it. When I think about it now, I don't think I actual knew what I was doing. I used a random knife from our cutlery. Later I started to search online, but that was when I was doing really bad, when I used that little knife thing from a sharpener.                                                                                     The morning I first cut myself went really weird. As always my dad was reading the newspaper and I was sitting in the couch, in the corner where he couldn't see me. I had no idea how I needed to do it. I remember that I was crying and that I felt a little offensive that my dad didn't notice anything. Now I think about it I can't even call it cutting myself, I just scratched myself with a knife. At school I told everyone my cat did it but later that day I told two of my friends that I did it myself and they didn't even care. I probably only did it for the attention but I was hurt when no one cared about me hurting myself. I was hurt, but the worst pain wasn't even from me. But that was back then, later I found out that the way I hurt myself could be way more painful. 

Every Tues- and Wednesday I worked in the library, five minutes away from school. It was an easy but entertaining job, especially since I was so into books. It never really was busy, but there were always a few parents with their kids or older people who read the newspaper. Sometimes I saw kids my age, but most of them had to read a book for school. Our library worked together with four other libraries from other villages. Not that that's an interesting thing to know, but If it wasn't for those other libraries I probably wouldn't have met him. So this Tuesday, I know I keep repeating that it was a Tuesday, I was working on my last car with books -- when people come to the library to bring back the books they borrowed, I sort them in genres and alphabet so I can put them back in the library where they were before -- in the left corner, by the books for young adults. That part was my favorite, I always searched for books I hadn't read yet. While I was holding at least five books at once, a guy suddenly stood next to me and I've always been scared fast so you can probably guess what happened: I dropped them. All of them. Not that that hasn't happened to me before, I drop them all the time, but not when there is a cute guy right next to me who looked at me like a was something else. My boss, who was standing by the reception walked to me, looked very frustrated, pointed to the books (Like I didn't notice I dropped them?) and then turned around and walked away. I was sorry for dropping those books but I've always been clumsy. With the boy still looking at me, I felt my head getting more red and more red, I must have let a great first impression as a tomato. After thirty seconds of awkwardness I got on my knees and grabbed the books. When I stood up I finally had a change to take a look good at the boy who obviously took his time to take a look at me. He had a handsome face with an amazing jawline, his brows were more 'on fleek' than I've ever seen them from any girl, not that I cared about those things, I never payed attention to mine, and his eyes were this pure blue colour where I couldn't stop looking at, till he turned his head and I felt embarrassed again. Some weird sound came out of my mouth, I am not sure what I wanted to say, probably something like sorry, but he didn't pay attention to it and grabbed one of the books out of my hand. ''What do you do with these? Do you read all of them?'' He asked me.         I smiled at the ground. ''I wish I had the time. I put these back so people like you can read them.''  ''People like me, huh?'' I just felt him staring at me. How do I always say the stupid things? I didn't even mean it like that. ''It wasn't meant in an insulting way. I meant for people who come here to borrow books and like read them and enjoy them and that kind of stuff.'' He laughed and it was one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard. His voice was as pure as his eyes and his laugh could make my heart beat a little faster. I couldn't wait to here it more often. ''I know you didn't meant it like that, I was teasing you. But to be honest, I am not one of these people, I came here to pick up a book for a friend of mine, but I can't find it.'' I looked at the boy with a little too much gel in his hair and looked at the bookcase with book who were reserved. ''Of course you can't. You should be spending a lot more time in here, we have some really good book you'll love. Even if you hate to read. But for now I'll help you find your friends book so you can get out of this terrible place.'' I noticed that made him smile and with that I also smiled. ''I would appreciate that.'' He walked behind me while I walked towards the bookcase. ''What is his last name?'' I asked when we stood in front of the case. ''Do you want to mary him already? I should give you mine then.'' He found himself very funny, I could tell my the grimace on his face. ''Be a good friend and give me his last name so I can get the book.'' ''Alright, I'll give you the name if you make me a list of books I should read.'' And that's what I did. Or was going to. I promised to make a list so he could pick it up tomorrow and with that promise he went away and I went back to work.