a short description

The courtyard wasn't open, which disappointed her. It was supported by two concrete pillars and steel beams that held the clear as crystal windows in place. The building was two levels, built like a castle turned inside out. It had a trench surrounding the disappointment of a courtyard, and balconies surrounding each level. Each level protected workshops and classrooms that housed life and inspiration. They were barren of color, and almost violently harsh. The sharp edges intimidating anyone who dared enter the room. Windows were scarce and when found, very small like those in a real castle to shoot arrows from. Bright florescent lightbulbs seemed to suck up the light, instead of injecting it into the rooms. Patrons of the inverted castle displayed their handiwork and ideas, where others encouraged and enhanced them. But now, after war. after destruction. After pain and toil. All was gone. The loyal subjects to the professors and scholars had disappeared. Their masterpieces had vanished. Had burned. But not all hope was lost. Year after year, decade after decade, the inside out castle was filled. The scholars and professors led their loyal subjects back into the hardened rooms and inspired them to create more. To be more. To do more. They filled the sharp rooms again with joy and inspiration. Creating an environment year after year that continues to inspire and grow. To flourish and gain riches. But also, come spring, the same toil and ache. The stress and anxiety. It returns to haunt and loom over the students. They take the punches and make sure they finish their masterpieces. They fight through the pain and conquer all. The inverted castle inspires, creates, nourishes, destroys and builds.