Chapter 1

My best friend, Elena Gemstone had passed away last month.

She was a very beautiful young girl with long, soft and bushy blonde curls that counterparts her big green eyes which reflects light with a glittering luster whenever she was both happy and sad. She had that soft pink, Angelina Jolie kind of lips that was too die for.

She was known for her brainpower and astuteness and the proof was, getting awards for the best scholar of Salamanca Roseville Hills every year in a row. She was even the best student in our high school. The students even dubbed and labeled her teacher's pet and whiz kid.

Elena was a very bashful and timorous girl and doesn't have that much of friends, so when I encountered her for the first time in Art class, we turned into best friends instantaneously as we had a lot in common and I sat beside her every day too. Her placidness and tenderness made me comfortable and eases whenever I'm with her.

Elena had only one family who was her father, Georgia Gemstone. He doesn't have a really good and explicit work and they were underprivileged at the same time. He used to make dolls afore his daughter died. He became ill and fell sick after learning his only daughter's dead. In despondency and angst eating his spirit and soul up, Elena's father made a doll that looked unerringly like her and gave it to me.

"This will be my last doll. My daughter. Here, take this my dear. You surely merit this because you were her best friend and you were the only one who took care of her when I was not with her." He said placing the doll in my hands with waterworks running down his cheeks from his emerald eyes that resembled woe and misery for his only child. The doll had the same exact features like Elena's and she had this cute vintage dress on her with white laces at the bottom of it.

I always alleged that she looked one of those gorgeous dolls and now, I guessed she must be pleased that she had become one.

She had tumbled from the school's rooftop and fell into the wide and profound swimming pool below. I still cannot forget how she had looked like. Blood was flowing wildly from her head and a few other parts of her body. The whole pool had turned the color of her blood. It was awfully horrifying.