Chapter 3

I entered my classroom the next day and was about to sit when Hemma with a few other girls came at my desk and asked, “Hey, the doll is gone. We are not accusing you but, do you mind if we check your bag?”

“Ah! Urm..okay.” I nodded indicating approval.

I saw Hemma’s hand as she began to open my bag. I was really terrified if the doll is in my bag but I had remembered locking it in the cupboard last night. Both of my hands were sweating and tiny droplets of nervous sweats ran down my back and thighs at the same time.

She opened my bag revealing only books and other stuffs in it. I realized that I was holding my breath a moment ago and was extremely relieved that the doll wasn’t in my bag.

“It’s not here.” Hemma mumbled.

“I told you it wasn’t in my bag.” I told her feeling happy and relieved before pulling out my chair and was shocked to death. My eyes widened with horror and my mouth was left hanging open in shock. There it was, Elena, sitting on my chair calmly and smiling at me as if she was smirking to tell that she has defeated me. I stepped away from the chair as Hemma took the doll in her hands. “It’s true then. You were the one who had stolen the doll from this class!” she appalled at me with hatred written all over her face.

“N..No…I..I didn’t. It wasn’t me! I swear!” I stammered on my words, looking in her eyes trying to convince her . ‘What is going on? What the hell had just happened?’ I asked myself dreadfully.

The students started whispering looking at me in the eyes irately as if I had just committed a crime. Some of them were playing and touching the doll with a peculiar look on their faces.

“Look at the doll’s hair. Is it real?” Melly asked Tasha with, touching Elena’s hair.

Tasha then moved her fingers, feeling Elena’s hair with her fingers and abhorrence was written all over her horrified face. “Ewww! Gross!” she exclaimed disgustingly, moving her hand away from the doll.

I was freaking out like hell and couldn’t handle the situation that had gone worst. I ran out from the class ignoring all the shouting and screaming from my classmates and continued running out of the school. I had decided to go home to check the cupboard in my room. Luckily, the distance between my house and the school was only ten minutes walking. I ran across the street and along the shop lots ignoring all the honks from the drivers, unaware that menace or catastrophe might have happened to me.

I reached at my doorstep and quickly pushed the door open widely and went to my bedroom. I was extremely terrified when I saw that the rope I had tied on the handle was still there, securely and tightly around it. It was as if not even a single soul had touched the rope.

As I went closer to the rope to untie it and see for myself whether the doll was still in the cupboard or not, horror was building up in me causing my heartbeat to upsurge rapidly. I could almost hear my heartbeat and blood flowing madly in my body .Before I even had the chance to untie the rope, something had caught me in the corner of my eye. I turned around to see what was it and had my lungs in the throat. “ARGH!!!” There it was, standing at the window pane, smiling as ever.

Waterworks began pouring down my cheeks insanely whilst my heart was near to exploding itself. I moved my legs slowly and carefully towards the doll and reached for her. Feeling her hair on my fingertips, I burst into a small scream, “What the..? Her hair, are these for real?”

“UGH! I can’t take this anymore! Get out of my life you bloody sick doll!” I let out a scream and opened the window wanting to throw away the doll out but was shocked to death when I heard an eerie voice spoke, “Have you forgotten what you did, Ricco Hudson?”

Eyes widened with fear with cold sweats and tears running down my face, I realized that it was Elena’s voice that had come out from the doll. I saw the doll’s eyes had actually moved, gazing me in the eyes wrathfully and any longer, they could burn a hole through my eyes. Her lips were smirking and mocking at me in the face.

*flashback*

We were at the school’s rooftop after the school had ended and on that day.

I looked at my watch reading one forty realizing that I was ten minutes late. I moved my feet closer to Elena who was standing tremendously near to the edge of the school’s rooftop. “Hey Elena, sorry I was late and would you please step away from that dangerous place? Where the hell you think you are standing?” I said to her with anger and terror in my voice.

She let out a small chortle before stepping away slightly from the edge. “Hey, do you think I should cut my hair?” she asked me touching her long and soft curls that had almost reached her slim waist  before looking at me in the eyes with her green ones, waiting for my answer.

Anger and wrath were rising in me as I tried to control them at the same time, “Are you trying to be like me again?”

"What? No!"she cried.

"You have always been trying to be like me. It's annoying!"

"Why are you so angry about it? I thought we are best friends! You are so different than the Ricco I used to know. This must be because of that boy, isn't? " Tears start to fill her eyes as she speak.

"What are you talking about? You know that Edward and I are nothing more than just friends. "

"Oh yeah? Well then. Do you think Edward will notice me if I get a new haircut?"

As she said those dreadful words, I couldn't control my jealousy. I moved my feet towards her slowly as I tightened my grip on my skirt. My heart started to beat rapidly. "Since when do you have interest in a boy?"I asked her in a low voice as I tried to calm myself down.

"Since you star to hang out with him. I've been noticing him since then." I can see her smirk on her face as she swipes away her fringes aside.

I couldn't handle the evil feeling in myself as jealously took over me. I noticed that we were still close to the edge of the rooftop when a thought crossed my mind. "You've been a good friend to me Elena and u were always there when I need you. We are like sisters that couldn't be separated. I love what we have and I'm going to miss all of that. I'm going to live with our good memories but I'm sorry to do this to you. I am tired and sick whenever you tried to be like me and especially when you just said that you're have an interest in Edward. Please forgive me for doing this." I said as tears were threatening to fall out from the corner of my eyes.

"What are you saying, Ricco?" Her eyes went wide when I placed my hand on her shoulder.

Taking a deep breath, I said "I'm sorry" and pushed her off the edge of the rooftop as she screamed her throat out, turning the color of the pool below from blue to blood red.

*end of flashback*