The Demon Inside Me (Short Story)

It's Friday night again. A tiring day after work as usual. Like anyone who's worked hard day after day, I deserved a rest. Of course, that would be nightclubbing 'till 1 AM. And I don't go alone. I bring my co-workers along with me, just to enjoy the night in someone's company. This became a ritual every Friday night without fail, until "It" escaped my body, a force so diabolic and demonic it's unexplainable.

My co-workers and I just finished our report and other papers, and we were ready to call it day. Then suddenly, a man in his late 40's who also happens to be the janitor of our office, blocked our path, waving both his arms frantically in the air. We thought there was an emergency. He slowly pointed his right index finger to me, saying I was in danger. This made me feel uncomfortable, but I tried my best not to get obvious. My co-workers pushed the janitor aside, saying that he was crazy.

We were so surprised that we couldn't do anything, apart from running as fast as we could to the carpark, where our van was. When we got inside, we settled inside and discussed what transpired earlier in the office. We all agreed that it was just a sick joke. Instead, we forgot about it and zoomed the streets in search for a nightclub to crash in. We dropped the whole thing and focused on entertaining ourselves. All of us were singing inside the car, when suddenly, I felt something squirming inside of me. I shrugged it off and focused on the sing-a-long.

After searching downtown for about 30 minutes, we finally settled in a huge nightclub that offered cheap booze and entrance fees. It was very cold inside, however it was still swarming with people. We searched for a table for 8, and settled down. We chatted and laughed for a bit, and then we started ordering drinks and food. Two of my friends went to dance, while I and the other 5 remained seated, laughing and drinking nonstop. And then I felt it again. I felt a pressence so ominous, it bothered me deeply. It was originating below my lungs. I could feel something escaping from me. I had to do something, but I was already feeling weak and dizzy.

The truth is that I 'know' this "Demon" inside me. I never imagined the day "It" would catch me off-guard. I was very nervous. I can't let "It" escape from me, not now. I was sweating bullets while thinking for a solution. Crap. What the hell am I supposed to do now? "It" is really about to come out now. I just can't let "It" wreck havok among the people at the nightclub. I'm not prepared for murder. "It" will surely try to kill them all.

I excused myself promptly and decided to hide away instead. Just when I was about to run outside, my legs froze and suddenly felt numb. I was gasping for air. I really didn't want the attention, but I couldn't do anything to avert theirs. All of the club goers were staring at me uneasily, like they were looking at a monster. I knew deep inside that I am becoming a monster, because of "It". I can feel it now. What should I DO?! HELP!

As I have feared, I couldn't keep "It" inside me any longer. A loud, smelly fart echoed throughout the nightclub. I was so embarassed. The fart immediately killed people within 300 radius from me. The rest either fainted, laughed, or covered their nose.

I was arrested for suspicion of massacre, but it was never proven. Ever since, I've never dared to eat beans and kamote before clubbing.