CHAPTER 1 - Betrayal

Her heart was pumping fast and her head was throbbing. She clenched and unclenched her hands. She flexed her fingers, imagining them around Parker’s neck and squeezing them tightly. If she didn’t have to go to prison for murdering that cheating low-lifes, she would do just that!

Jenna was on her shopping expedition to buy a gift for a friend’s birthday when she spotted them having a little PDA in the middle of a shopping mall! They were so into each other that they did not even realise she was standing just a few feet away, mentally wringing their scrawny necks!

He cheated on her! To make things even harder to stomach, he cheated on her with HER GIRLFRIEND! Was she angry? No, she was not angry. Not at all. No. No. No. She was LIVID. That cheating, lying jerk and two-faced backstabber! Ugghhh!

Jenna and Parker, her boyfriend, had been going out for six months. He was successful, athletic – he went to the gym almost every day – good looking, charming and owned a shiny, delicious-looking, black ZO6 Chevrolet Corvette. 

Some of her friends had been saying that he at 36, had been a bit too old for her but he was only 36, not 70. She liked older men because most of them were more mature than guys her age. Furthermore, this guy looked like Henry Cavil, the British actor and model who acted in the film Man of Steel. Now, that’s what she called a real man. 

Sadly, honesty did not come hand in hand with maturity. 

The girl Parker was with was her girlfriend, Miranda. Jenna and Miranda went to Uni together. Miranda was pretty and well-liked. A bit clingy but guys seemed to like that. The two of them always went out partying together with other friends. 

Yes, Jenna was a very social person. She loved being around people. She had many good friends but that day she just found out that Miranda was not one of them. 

You know what? They deserved each other! No wonder when Jenna asked Parker to go out he would always finds excuses saying that he had to work, or his mother needed him, or he was going out with the guys! Yeah, right!

Jenna was just wandering around the mall, not quite knowing what to get for Katie for her 21 birthday, when she saw them. She was in such a shock that she could not move, with her eyes glued on them. She was rooted to the floor. She had never felt so betrayed, made worse by the fact that these two were the people that she trusted.

She could not believe she had an argument with Harry because of his guy. A few months ago, she went to New York for the amateur film-maker conference, and Parker decided to tag along. Since the first time Harry met Parker, he dislikes Parker and he told Jenna so. So, that is how a happy reunion turned into a shouting match in Harry’s hotel room.

Humiliation crept in, and then came anger. What should she do? Should she walk up to them, confront them there in middle of the mall and give them well-deserved resounding slaps, while shouting profanities at them? Or should she walk away and plot their slow and painful demise in the comfort of her room, while eating a large tub of double chocolate ice-cream with a dash of mixed nuts on top? 

Okay, she’d go with the second idea. It’s less humiliating. 

Jenna would not let them see her. She would act natural – if that was even possible - around them, pretend that she didn’t know what was happening and all the while, plan their ultimate downfall. Ha! Definitely a good idea. 

So, she turned around slowly, leaving the two in their own world unaware that their days on earth were numbered. Before leaving, she took some photos and video of them on her phone. As evidence, you know, just in case if they ever deny this and said she was just a jealous, raving lunatic. 

Never had she felt so devious but, as they say, revenge was a dish best served cold!