Chapter 1

The winds were blowing and howling outside. Rain batted the windows, while lighting crackled angrily. In a cupboard under the stairs of number Four Private Drive, Little Whinging Surrey, cowering in a corner was a little ten years old shaking with fright. He had raven hair, bright emerald green eyes, round severely broken glasses held together by abundant of scotch tape, and a lighting bolt scars on his forehead. The small, timid child was none other than Harry Potter, who had been locked up in his "room" for clumsily breaking one of his aunt "valuable" vases, after getting pushed in to it by his whale of a cousin, Dudley.

There was the banging of the front door and heavy footsteps of his uncle, Vernon Dudley.  The footsteps past his cupboard continued up the stairs and because his uncle is a whale like his son, each step he took bring down dust in the little cupboard. The little boy let out a whimper of fear. After holding his breath, he slowly counted to 30, and after hearing the door to his aunt and uncle's bedroom slam shut, he shakily exhaled with a sigh of relief. Flopping back on his bug bitten bed Harry sighed tiredly and slowly, very slowly, let darkness claim him as its own.

The sun wasn't even peeking over the horizon and Harry was already up, making his bed, tidying up his cupboard, and waiting for the cupboard door to be unlocked, so that he could start breakfast. One that he wouldn't be tasting until all his endless list of chores is done and knowing his aunt, Petunia; that wouldn't be until past dinnertime. But that was fine, Harry thought, he had accepted his fate a long time ago. When he was three actually. By then he had grown too big to live under the sink anymore and was moved into his cupboard. Then as he grew it became more and more obvious. He was pulled out of his though by the sound of his cupboard being unlocked.

“Boy, get out here!” Uncle Vermon yelled. “Hurry up and start breakfast you lazy, good for nothing freak!”

“Yes, uncle,” Harry replied while quickly moving out of his cupboard and heading to the kitchen.

He pulled his stool out from a corner by the fridge and set it in front of the stove. Harry wasn’t quite tall enough, as only his head managed to peek over the stove, due to his lack of nutrition. He started heating up the pan and left to go to the fridge to get some bacon, eggs, and sausages out. Moving back to his stool he started cooking them. He stiffened as he heard heavy footstep of his whale like cousin, Dudley.

“I hope he doesn’t try to burn any of the food,” Harry thought worridly. The last time he did that Harry went to bed with no food and a back full of bruises given to him by his uncle’s belt.

“Morning daddy!” Dudley squeal out with too sweet of innocent.

“Morning my little man.” Vermon replied with happiness and pride in his eyes.

For a minute there was pain and a sad look on Harry face. For no matte how many times he thought he had gotten used to it, he was still a child that wanted his own mummy and daddy. While he was brooding his cousin quietly snuck up behind him and turn up the stove causing the bacon and eggs he was frying to burn. Harry quickly wiped his eyes and shook himself out of his self-pity after hearing his cousin whine loudly: “Daddy the freak is burning my breakfast!”

Harry froze and hurried turn off the stove, while shaking with fears. He slowly turned around to face his uncle. Vermon snap his head up and stare at Harry with sadistic gilts in his eyes. He yelled, “Boy, how many time have I told you not to waste our precious food!”