Second Chance Boy

Prologue-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harmonica music is playing softly. The air currents are swiftly moving the boat. The bright lights are coming from everywhere.

 "I just can't wait to see heaven and finally talk to God," I thought, "It was just yesterday that I was being abused and bullied by everyone I knew. Gosh. I'll have to stop thinking like that. People in heaven can't be sorrowful."

The flying boat slowly stopped and there was a rush to get off the boat. The brightness of the gates alone was enough to blind a bat.  We all had to go to an admission room, where we would be judged before God himself.

All the people from the boat I had gotten to know were there, waiting patiently. I turned to ask the person behind me how she had died. She told me that her body had a heart attack at the exact same time she got a clot.

"Poison," I thought. She then asked me how I died.

 I slowly spoke, “I...hung…myself." The look on her face made me feel awful.

 But then I slowly explained, “I was abused, and everyone I knew had bullied me in one way or another. There was never any kind or nice people for me to talk to." She slowly nodded her head in acknowledgement.

She then spoke the words, "How old?"

 "Excuse me? “I replied.

 "How old were you when you committed?" the old woman said.

My voice shaky and almost silent I said "13...I was thirteen...” I was interrupted mid-sentence by an unknown voice. It was very powerful and made me immediately follow orders. I heard the old woman calling out to me "Good luck!" As I "step up to plate" so to speak, I notice that there is only one person standing in front of me. This person is no ordinary person though. This person is humongous and at the same time human sized, both strong and weak, both loud and quiet. This "person" seems to be radiating of light I noticed. I soon realize that this person is God.

God says to me in his booming voice, "Are you worthy of being in heaven?" and I reply almost speechless "no...I am not worthy" his face is shocked, so shocked that the light radiating from him fades a little. He then replies, "What would make you think that?! You were a holy man on earth who always believed in me, you were a man who always helped the needy, someone who was always pure at heart, a person who was full of worth. The only mistake you made in life was killing yourself. Do you still deem yourself unworthy?" I slowly thought to myself. "He’s telling me this for a reason." after thinking it through I said "No ordinary man is worthy in heaven."

God's face then lit up like a Christmas tree and slowly God disappeared. I realized that maybe it was not he who disappeared, but I who disappeared. I flipped out, but only because I figured that I was being sent into purgatory. I slowly saw my entire human life before me. God then reappeared into my vision. He said to me, "You were a very very holy man. One of the holiest I have ever met, so I am giving you one thing. You may have one thing. It can be anything on heaven or Earth. All you have to do is say the word."

I thought to myself, I could have anything in e universe. I just have to say it. And the idea popped into my head."

Slowly but firmly said,

"God, I want to go back to Earth. I would like a new beginning, I would love this so much, to have a second chance." God snapped his fingers and my vision changed into something other than anything I'd ever seen. I was getting a second chance on Earth.